Seven West Media

Melbourne is still an important market for Seven, especially the AFL. So this round of redundancies could seriously backfire and eventually Seven will have to rehire some sales and marketing staff.

2 Likes

And Sport presumably.

1 Like

Yes true, forgot about Sport! Although is there that many staff in their Sport Department now? I thought most of their stuff was outsourced to NEP?

1 Like

So HSV is basically a small affiliate now

sad

3 Likes

This is a good thing, removing the people will not just save money but simplify Sevens marketing/publicity. As stated above, the programming and playout were already consolidated.

Would never say job losses are a good thing, but looks like Warburton is actually cutting as much of the fat that he can find. Seven has too much debt and needs cash to materially reduce it.

3 Likes

*And Seven Sport?

1 Like

I’ll pass your kind words onto the 150 newly unemployed staff

13 Likes

What a disgusting comment. People have lost their jobs - this is not a good thing. Have some compassion

9 Likes

Everything seven does is great for you. Including mass sackings!!

Do you work for seven?

As someone who has no vested interest in SWM all I will say is if new management has to clean up the mess the old management did then no ones job is safe, those working for Seven should of figured it out that drastic measures were going to happen.

It’s never good when mass sackings happen, I was involved in 3 of them, Sports Vision (way back when Packer pulled out in early 1998) then C7 (May 2002 due to Optus & Austar killing the C7 Sport channels) and finally Telstra Media (early 2013 new management) never a good thing but you know that crap will happen when new management comes into play.

6 Likes

Their’s no panic at Seven !
The advantage of doing all the publicity via Sydney, is that they can do everything once, while doing more social content. I seriously doubt they will even suffer a drop in ratings !

You clearly weren’t one of the seven employees who lost their job recently. You read like a Seven publicity representative.

2 Likes

I hope their PR department has better spelling and grammar skills. It’s just a fanboy ranting, oblivious to real peoples lives.

6 Likes

I didn’t say that.

You keep avoiding the question.

Your fetish for 7 is kinda getting a bit weird :confused:

4 Likes

No, they’ve already suffered the drop in ratings… which is part of the reason for the restructure.

And based on reports from friends inside 7 on the day of the sackings… it wasn’t a great day. So to say “their’s no panic at Seven” is both grammatically and factually incorrect.

7 Likes

No panic, just sacking 150 people. Perfectly normal :flushed:

1 Like

I wonder if we will see cuts to Seven’s regional markets in QLD heading into 2020, or before the EOFY.

To be fair, every company streamlines their workforce. It’s not necessarily a panic.

1 Like