Seven Tennis Coverage

Why do they need a new broadcaster? I doubt it would acheive the reach and figures on another network. They would be mad to move on from the relationship they have with seven.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t they go from 7 to who ever televises it. Money trumps loyalty. Don’t ever forget that.

1 Like

They would not get the same ratings on another channel as they do on Seven. So advertisers would lose money which they wont be happy with.

1 Like

I dont think they would. Seven have a huge older loyal audience.

Yest money trumps loyalty. But seven would be a long term investment for tennis Australia.

1 Like

TA would be idiotic to go anywhere else. Apart from the hosts/commentators the coverage is great. If you think that another network will give more reach and better coverage than seven dedicating most of their network for the entire month then you are kidding yourself

1 Like

The tender process is perfectly timed - you would think that unless the cricket rights auction is tight, that will be wrapped up in the next few weeks so all interested parties will be able to make an informed decision about their approach towards the TA rights

2 Likes

Fairfax reports Nine may have made a successful bid for tennis rights. Nine is believed to have made an offer of $60 million per year, well above Tennis Australia’s current deal with Seven which is worth $35 million a year. If Seven does indeed loses the tennis and does not get any cricket matches in the latest Cricket Australia tender, it could be left with no major sport in future summers which will leave a big programming hole in the network’s schedule.

Let’s hope this happens. Good to see sports moving networks.

Hopefully seven are left with nothing in summer.

Not just a big programming hole but it would severely hinder their ability to promote their Q1 lineup.

Having said that, think this means Seven might be in with a shot for the cricket rights (especially the Big Bash) - can’t see Nine being able to simultaneously juggle both AO and cricket commitments

2 Likes

WOW
I can’t imagine 7 will be happy with this. Are they going to try and bid for the cricket off 9?

Don’t believe everything you read. Considering nine haven’t posted a significant amount for cricket I can’t imagine them doubling sevens previous offer to the Australian Open.

As posted in the Nine Sport’s topic

1 Like

You can’t say things like this :-1::-1::-1:

Why not?

If @LukeMovieMan could comment publicly I’m sure he would be devastated. (Though I think he has already commented on TV Tonight).

2 Likes

Well its kind of similar to the things you say about channel 9 and Married at First Sight. If you can give you have to learn to take.

3 Likes

Cameron William’s tweet has been deleted :cricket_bat_and_ball:

You can’t hope for a network to fail. We should be hoping that all networks are successful, maybe some more than others though…

It’s still showing up on my feed, so I took a screenshot before it vanishes.