Seven Tennis Coverage

Of course it would, really weird, but viewers would get used to it (and they’d have to).

I’m sure AFL viewers were similarly skeptical when Ten and Nine acquired the rights from Seven between 2002 and 2006, a shock at the time.

Nine stole Olympics from Seven for 2012, no Bruce McAvaney.

Seven stole the Melbourne Cup from Ten in the early 2000s.

Etc, etc.

3 Likes

If it’s Serena Williams involved in a Grand Slam final the match is over after 2 sets and sometimes less than 2 hours

2 Likes

I miss this video Seven used to show every year (for a handful of years) after the Women’s Final & Men’s Final.

Last was 2016.

With theme “The Ecstasy of Gold” from the movie The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

Used to then have “and we’re very proud of it”.

Seven wants to know what viewers think of their coverage. This was in my gmail spam:

http://click.sevennetwork.com.au/u/gm.php?prm=CIGAy856xf_765670883_723166_100533

1 Like

Day 3 (Sunday February 4) will be on 7TWO nationwide from 1pm AEDT.

3 Likes

Here is the older one I was trying to find

2 Likes

Christ that’s pretentious

5 Likes

Davis Cup telecast on Ch 7.

NB/
Got a notification from 7Tennis app (haven’t updated to OlympicsOn7 yet), so are Seven still able to do stuff with 7Tennis for those who haven’t updated yet? Interesting.

Davis Cup caps:

3 Likes

Is it just me, or is there a larger gap between LIVE & FREE | and the 7 logo than before?

1 Like

It’s not just you. And its not a Prime issue, its the same on Seven metro:

2 Likes

And it’s not a BCM issue either, always the same automated alignment.

It’s the production itsself at Pat Rafter Arena, the “Live & Free” bug pasted on, is further left for some reason.

HD transmission:

1 Like

Today’s Davis Cup coverage will finish late with the second rubber of Australia v Germany (Kyrgios v Struff) to be shown on 7TWO from 5pm AEDT. Problem is, 7TWO is obliged to show Better Homes and Gardens in Victoria and Tasmania at 7.30pm tonight while AFLW is on main channel. If the tennis doesn’t finish before 7.30pm, will it switch to 7mate or 7tennis app only?

2 Likes

de Minaur match finished bang on 5pm (The Chase started in Syd & Melb a couple of minutes later), with telecast switched to 7Two now.

Is it being hosted / commentated from Brisbane or Melbourne?

:point_up: This city

Edit
Well, as least I’m 75% sure?

1 Like

Today’s Davis Cup coverage finished at around 7.20pm AEDT after Nick Kyrgios beat Jan-Lennard Struff in straight sets to level the tie at 1-1. I think the tennis aired in Queensland on the main channel in place of The Chase repeats.

No - game show repeats are more popular

2 Likes

Pathetic, going to 5pm national news instead of keeping Davis Cup on

Have to disagree with you. I would rather see 5PM news than tennis that is running overtime…