Seven Tennis Coverage

And in 2018… And two veterans… And after a seemingly unbeatable fairytale last year.

Astonishing. The GOAT :goat:

4 Likes

This was a bad move, they should have shown his interview with Hamish before they went to the news :angry::angry:

1 Like

There are promos for The Force: Behind The Line next on Seven in Perth but like last night I don’t think it will air, it will likely go straight into the Sunday night movie “The Bone Collector” right after the news. There was just a promo for this movie for tonight 8:30 two minutes after 8:30 :thinking:.

Edit: Oh boy, The Force is still airing from 8:36 PM AWST. They should have just skipped it and gone straight to the movie like how they skipped the first movie last night :roll_eyes:

Well, Roger is understandably not going to then just yet. Hasn’t happened as of now

Oh okay, what were they showing in this half hour while Perth had news?

And it’s just started as of 11:37pm AEDT

2 Likes

Telecast finished at 11:47pm AEDT, with Hamish signing off on behalf of everyone and wishing viewers a good year.

Reminding beforehand of Davis Cup coverage.

End credits were different, no Seven talent, but a new package highlighting the past two weeks.

Caught a glimpse of more of Seven’s main OB studio at Melbourne Park (above Garden Square). It was the usual Seven Sport host position desk, but interestingly, they never showed the screen which was in use

[Photo: Australian Open]

Wonder if ratings will be affected too much RE: blackouts in Melbourne due to extreme heat & cricket / ■■■■■■■■ on rival channels?

3 Likes

So is the interview and celebrations exclusively shown on the 7Tennis app for WA viewers?

They should have held off until then to go to the news in Perth. Really, The Force should not be showing at all, it’s just filler programming when really the movie could have been put on immediately after the news. It’s after 8:30 so any classification restrictions don’t need to be considered. It is a disgrace that Perth didn’t see this interview too :angry::angry:

Turns out, you’s are all not alone with Seven not caring about viewerschrome_2018-01-29_00-37-58

Give the rights to who? the ABC?

1 Like

I really starting to wonder why I join this forum
everyone so negative. No one ever has any positive things to say

8 Likes

The Roger Federer interview was streamed live on 7tennis app Australia wide.

Irony.

2 Likes

Channel 9 if they lose the broadcast rights from Cricket Australia

Please no to Channel 9.

2 Likes

Coverage of Australia’s Summer of Tennis on Nine would probably be about as popular (ie, not very) with viewers as their NRL & cricket coverage is at the moment!

2 Likes

I won’t say Nine wouldn’t be interested if the opportunity arose (even Foxtel, though it’s probably anti-siphoned).

Especially given the ratings this year (Seven won convincingly every night and final can get close to 3m metro still / 50%+ share as seen in 2017).

But which commentators would WWOS use? Their staff isn’t exactly ‘exhaustive’ and nil when it comes to tennis, so obviously would have to recruit, I’d hope they’d keep Jim Courier.

Remember when 9 did the ‘Fast 4 Tennis’ thing a year or 2 ago?

IIRC the commentary was very poor with long periods of silence during the broadcast so it would be great if international cricket stayed on 9 and tennis on 7.

1 Like

Why? Their coverage is universally disliked (more or less).

I think Ten have shown they are more than capable of being serious with cricket, full stop.

True but it would feel weird if the cricket wasn’t on 9.

1 Like