Seven Tennis Coverage

TA will propose the new format and take it to Seven, but that doesn’t mean Seven will agree to it. They may try and just get Australian Open on its own or whatever and palm off the lower rating tournaments to Fox. Anything’s possible.

P.S. I thought you were supposed to be :surfing_man: and :beach_umbrella: today in the hot weather

3 Likes

Further to the points you’ve outlined, this line from the story makes me think this idea will be DOA:

TA clearly haven’t thought about the impact a so-called ‘World Cup’ will have on the WTA

2 Likes

I was at lunch time :metal:

Blairgowrie back beach, check it out.

Mills here in Mt Martha was too berserk.

NB/
Change stormed through here at 5:10pm, should’ve hit Melbourne now.

I think the schedule for the tennis starting at 1 was off I think it started at 12 by the looks

It was always advertised for 12 pm.

In Sydney it was advertised for 1pm.

Caps of Sydney Tennis. Note the scoreboard and other graphics have a green tinge when last week they had orange:

Prime has now updated their sponsor board graphics to the current Seven style:

1 Like

not so the Melbourne TV guide said 1pm

IMG_20180107_190719

Strange to have a tennis final ft an Australian on 7Mate with Sunday Night Summer and repeat movie on the main channel.

1 Like

I thought the same thing. Especially considering it’s Nick Kyrgios, I was expecting a late programming change. Oh well, their loss.

1 Like

i wonder if they did it coz not every one can get 7hd? ie people in prime7 and gwn7 regions ? so they stuck in on there

Brisbane International on 7mate:

On TV during the Brisbane International in Melbourne they advertised the Sydney International as starting today at 12 pm.

1 Like

No one wants to watch him anyway.

1 Like

with today’s start of the Sydney International, did SevenTwo end up starting at 12noon, and then switch over to SevenMate at 3pm? If so, the only reason they didn’t show the tennis in full on SevenMate was because of an NFL Match that was already scheduled in.

On a side note, I was one of a few insane people who attended the Sydney International today as a spectator, in this crazy 40+ degrees heat. It has been a tradition of mine for some time to attend Day One of the tournament, and the heat was no excuse to not attend. lol. I saw some reporter interview Garbine Muguruza from Spain, and show her some animals like lizards and snakes. I don’t know if it aired on screen today, but I thought it was cringe worthy lol.

1 Like

Seven’s tennis schedule is so confusing.

I wonder if it was a ratings ploy, go get a big share from 7mate?

According to the EPG.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification

Seven’s EPG, advanced program guides and online guides still have “Andy Murray and Serena Williams” listed under the Australian Open :roll_eyes: