Seven Tennis Coverage

Awesome match well plsyed stan and roger :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Great game and well played

2 Likes

Seven (& Tennis Australia) must be happy too, having the crowdā€™s favourite in the final on Sunday night.
Itā€™s definitely turned out to be a nostalgic AusOpen this year with the (already decided) finalists, and especially if Nadal gets into the final too.

Brilliant match :grinning: Saturday and Sunday will be a battle of the vintage players! Canā€™t wait.

Yeah but does this usually happen every year?

I guess itā€™s due to the time difference, with only 1 singles match played, it might be ovee by 7pm WA timeā€¦

Yes thats the reason why

1 Like

A Nadal v Federer final would be an absolute ratings bonanza. Seven will be praying for a Nadal win tomorrow.

3 Likes

Mel McLaughlin was hosting this afternoon.

ā€“

I noticed Todd Woodbridge was chosen over Hamish McLachlan and Basil Zempilas the past couple of nights.

Todd usually calls the Womenā€™s Final.

Wonder whoā€™ll call the Menā€™s Final on Sunday night? Itā€™s a shame Bruce is on holidays.

I think now that Federer is in the final Seven would be hoping for at least 1.7-2m ratings wise which is bad news for Ten hoping to launch ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  strongly.

1 Like

Well Ten & Nine did decide to throw new content against the AusOpen final knowing this could be the case. It was that or they couldā€™ve held off a week, but itā€™s 2017 so those in conflict can always resort to TenPlay for Iā€™m a Celebā€¦

Theyā€™ve just done the same thing nowā€¦ 3 times in the space of 30 minsā€¦

It turns me off.

Yes, I get Seven is the AFL broadcaster, but why canā€™t they promote that as a ā€œbetween gameā€ ad and leave the AFL talk out of the commentary.

I imagine Jim Courier couldnā€™t give a toss, and most people north of the Murray (which is nearly half the country) couldnā€™t either.

6 Likes

Basil Zempilas will be calling the womenā€™s Final he has just twittered

For anyone interested, hereā€™s ESPN USAā€™s graphics:

3 Likes

WHATā€¦ Aā€¦ MATCH :cold_sweat:

Could very well be a ~40% share for the main channel alone!

5 set epic, over 4 hours, nearly midnight

Seriously?

Incessant MKR promos are by far the worst.

You couldnā€™t resist chucking that tagline in could you :joy:

Glued to the TV tonight (this morning). Seven will have great prime time shares tonight I would think. And IF they get the dream Rafa / Roger finalā€¦ I think it would be MASSIVE here and internationally.

7 Likes

What an epic and what a performance by both men. First match of the tournament Iā€™ve actually watched from start to finish and Iā€™m glad I did.

6 Likes

The absolute dream final. Ratings will be through the roof.

7 Likes

I think there are some 50% shares coming 7s way.

This is the most I have ever enjoyed AO. so many quality matches and players. It makes such a difference not having Murray and Djokovic bumming everyone out.

10 Likes

No Murray or Djokovic in the Finals is refreshing for tennis fans. Ratings tonight and tomorrow will be massive for 7.

5 Likes

Now this is great news.

3 Likes

As much as I am an NRL fan, I would have said the same thing about Nineā€™s cricket commmetators if they kept talking about rugby league during their cricket telecasts. To their credit, they generally stick to the cricket ā€¦

Mind you, Tenā€™s Big Bash cricket commentary is also guilty of the AFL remarks too (but probably not as bad as Seven).

4 Likes