Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I’d be even more worried if they spoke like Humphrey B Bear…

7 Likes

SCA’s presenter Sarah Bannerman that I was mentioning a week or 2 ago also appears to read the noodle updates for SCTen Central Coast as well.

Here is a recording of her reading the Central Coast news update from today.
I personally can’t stand how she puts an upwards inflection at the end of every sentence…

1 Like

Oh wow that is annoying, surely she has had someone train her to read a bullpen properly.

1 Like

She does Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Rocky.

1 Like

With Jared Coote gone, Aggie Bradshaw is now presenting the Southern NSW updates.

Sam Hunt is now on the Southern QLD and Remote/Central updates replacing Aggie.

Updates are promoting the Nine on 5 updates. Graphics are inconsistent in relation to it. One has the full website whilst the other just has ‘Nine on 5.’

4 Likes

I think it’s well established that Sam is the fill-in. Guess somebody new will pop up eventually.

Sam Hunt was on the TDT one tonight too which was complete with the Southern Cross Ten logo rather than the 10 logo. Usual TDT opener though.

[quote=“ando9185, post:129, topic:239, full:true”]
Sam Hunt was on the TDT one tonight too which was complete with the Southern Cross Ten logo rather than the 10 logo. Usual TDT opener though.
[/quote]Nothing new. The SC10 star logo occasionally slips through on the ‘‘flipper’’ and OST rundown graphic on the TDT updates.

Gold Coast/NNSW updates rebranded as Ten Local News.

Nine areas are branded as ‘Local News Headlines.’

7 Likes

If you ask me, that “Local News Headlines” titlecard running on SCA Nine looks rather reminiscent of the previous (2014-16) NBN News titlecard!

6 Likes

I hope to god that Nine supply them a package they can use for their “local news” updates. That looks horrible.

1 Like

The Ten Local News title card looks good, the rest of the graphics look shite.

And oh dear, looks like 9 has not given permission for the 9 logo or 9 News branding or look to be used by SCA in anyway at all.

They don’t want it tarnished - as everything SCA does looks like shit and nine know it!

8 Likes

Weird.
I’ve been watching Nine all day to try and record the news updates but we haven’t had any air here at all yet.

@Nicholas The animation is just as dodgy. Clearly made by SCA.

I recorded them off VAST. QLD updates are airing on there.

Hopefully it’s just a temporary thing until they launch their proper local news initiatives (with a lot of input and support from Nine!!).

4 Likes

Canberra Update

3 Likes

Why do they always have incorrect name supers???

1 Like

To provide an alternative to the “spot the typo in the flipper” game?

4 Likes

I blame the people for having the wrong names to begin with. But being the Canberra bulletin, I also blame the Government.

2 Likes