Seven & Ten News (SCA)

John Hunt and the UTE is rather funny

2 Likes

The 10 Local News updates return tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Something I have noticed:

Kasey Wilkins keeps referring to the Bendigo region as “the central west” Yes, Bendigo is near the central of Victoria and most of the TV region is in north-west Victoria but it is not “the central west” it is geographically referred to either “Western Victoria” “Central Victoria” or “the Loddon Mallee”

The Central West is a region located in Western NSW, that includes Orange, Dubbo, Bathurst etc. Not Bendigo, Swan Hill etc.

Not trying to judge her on her presenting skills, just something I noticed.

4 Likes

Tom completed the trifecta over the weekend!

Friday: Sport

Saturday: Weather

Sunday: News

16 Likes

Such a legend! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s awesome! I missed his weather stint but that’s pretty funny. Always got such a big smile too!

Makenna Baily also presented the news bulletin last Saturday too when Louise had a night off and she has certainly improved since her initial days with the noodle updates.

2 Likes

Things I’ve noticed recently in the NSW Wollongong update is how little Ruby Cairns seems to care about them. I feel like every update she’s stuffing up names of places and common words in stories. I understand a job like this must be stressful but feel like if you’re not putting in effort you let down everyone who depends on these updates for information in local areas.

Madeline Kerr does this on occasion too, she pronounced Quorn as ‘Corn’ the other night.

Welcome to MediaSpy! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How would you say it nr109nr18?

1 Like

Qu-orn

Welcome to MediaSpy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Murph is back in Tassie… and he’s back on the newsdesk filling in for Louise tonight.

3 Likes

I think I nailed the Quorn pronunciation tonight

9 Likes

I’m curious now, how does one pronounce “Quorn” because as someone who is not from that state i just thought it was “corn” :corn:

3 Likes

You did, thank you for taking the feedback the way it was intended! I’m back in town for majority of next week so I’ll be tuning in for sure.

3 Likes

Makenna Baily presented tonight’s bulletin - she’s getting better and better :slight_smile:

YT credit: Nightly News 7 Tasmania

2 Likes
4 Likes

Having known Bec for a number of years, she’s very capable of the task!

1 Like

7 Tas have recently changed the camera /angle on the news preview (during the last chase at least). Looks great, wish they would be more adventurous during the actual bulletin.

9 Likes