Seven & Ten News (SCA)

…the heck?

8 Likes

Cool.

No one gives a…

7 Likes

Yep. The only time people care about news wardrobes is when they make… unfortunate shapes…

Or unless you’re Amber Sherlock :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Mod queue working wonders I see.

1 Like

23 Likes

Or unless you’re Jane Bunn, then the creeps of the internet care what she’s wearing

Any idea if SCA are going to get a bulletin to air tonight on GTS/BKN? Broken Hill in lockdown and the border bubble closed would probably be the biggest news day in years for them.

I would sincerely doubt it. They’ll have 30 minutes to fill on Monday anyway.

They should launch weekend bulletins during this time.

They’re not gonna spend the money. Same with Prime7 and WIN.

ABC Broken Hill could possibly be working on stories for radio and TV News though.

2 Likes

get the crews to work 7 day weeks?

3 Likes

In Tassie they also have a much larger population and don’t have a metro counterpart in their state’s capital city that still has relevant state news when the local news isn’t running. The Tasmanian bulletin is the capital city’s news (and local state news).

Tasmania also has a vested interest in remaining number one since there’s competition from a rival affiliate. Spencer Gulf is a monopoly market, it doesn’t really matter which channel people are watching, they’re all provided by SCA.

Plus, bumping the Spencer Gulf news off of the main channel goes to show they don’t hold as much regard for it as they used to. If they were fully committed to the Spencer Gulf they’d work with Seven to alter the schedule and ensure that it can play on the main channel.

7 Likes

you ever hear the term Apples & Oranges? This is an example of that.

8 Likes

That’s why we’re the Apple Isle!

3 Likes

Makenna presents the Townsville, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton and Wide Bay updates - you’re right about the 5 sub-markets airing. Mackay and Toowoomba don’t appear to air any SCA 10 News First updates

1 Like

Makes sense. They only need to broadcast local news in 5 sub-markets. Only Seven QLD exceeds this.

They’re just following the same ones from the Nine Local days.

2 Likes

The new background for the Seven Darwin/Central News updates looks much better :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Have to say the Canberra updates are getting better and there’s now effort being made to pronounce names correctly, which is good.

COVID has certainly helped focus the content too. Tonights update provided the number of cases in the ACT today as well as reporting how restrictions are changing in Yass and Queanbeyan.

As I hadn’t followed any other local news today, I found the update was actually useful.

15 Likes

Is that the Hobart control room? IIRC the Lonnie control room looks similar but the 7 Tasmania logo is on a black wall. It looks fantastic!

1 Like

Yes, that’s the Hobart control room, I think.