Seven Sport

[Citation Needed]

6 Likes

Just because you’ve mocked a logo for it as your avatar doesn’t make it so.

Talk anymore shit like this as though it’s fact and you’re being suspended for a week.

Enough.

11 Likes

On that count insiders suggest the European deals for 2026/28 (and potentially 30/32) will be announced in the next few weeks (possibly week in fact) so I imagine news on the Aussie rights will be forthcoming too.

3 Likes

i’d be suprised if 2032 is included in this deal - i can see them holding out and squeezing a ton of money out of a local boradcaster for a local games

1 Like

2032 rights were awarded to CBC in Canada this year

About the European rights, it’ll be interesting to see whether Warner Bros Discovery decides to go after the pan-European rights again for Eurosport (and if so, whether they’ll be again successful) or if the IOC decides to go back to selling the rights country-by-country.

It’s just my opinion though

Then phrase it that way. Show some reasoning as to why you think they will or why you are of that opinion.

6 Likes

Apologies. My thinking was because they have US backers and look like they are going to invest into sport especially since they have streaming platform to help distribute the content… Soccer, Basketball and the fact they are going for AFL and Cricket. It is promising times for the re-emergence of sport for Channel 10.

1 Like

we will see. i’m still not convinced CBS will even own 10 in 2032. i think 2032 will be an absolute ratings bonanza for whatever network gets it (i think 7 got 97.8% of all tvs turned on during the sydney opening ceremony).

thats why i don’t expect the rights for 2032 to be sold soon - they will hold out until 2026 so the network can promote during LA (if its 7)

1 Like

They’ll sell it as a package. NBC bought a package worth billions through 2032.

Sydney 2000 was sold as a package with Atlanta 96, Nagano 98 and Salt Lake 02.

6 Likes

7plus has exclusive replays of all events from the 2022 ECCO FEI World Equestrian Championships, which began at Herning, Denmark yesterday, and will finish on August 14. The event covers competitions in dressage, jumping, vaulting and para-dressage.

3 Likes

There would have been heavy competition to get that event. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Massive own goal… should be on FTA

6 Likes

Wonder if this will be promoted on 7?

1 Like

So Swimming’s deal with Amazon has finished?

The Amazon deal never included this event as the event was only announced a few months ago.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, looks to be sponsored by Amazon Prime Video based on the website.

2 Likes

Maybe the event will be shown on Amazon Prime back to USA?

2 Likes

Maybe 7 bought the Aussie rights for this event from Prime?

1 Like