Seven Sport

If I had to have a guess, it think it will shown on 7TWO or Seven could give the rights to Ten, at least that way Ten will have a summer sport to show :stuck_out_tongue:.

Does anyone actually watch this these days?

Yes, it can still pull a decent TV audience. The race start is a Boxing Day tradition. Last year the coverage attracted 403,000 metro viewers.

Its about time Seven either make 7Mate or 7Two into a HD channel

Re, the Sydney to Hobart yacht race coverage: Do we know when Seven last signed a broadcast deal for that and for how long?

Presuming that Seven still has the rights to the Sydney to Hobart for this year, I could imagine the start of the race + other long-form coverage airing on 7TWO (I don’t think yacht racing would be of much interest to the target demographic of 7mate) with Sydney to Hobart updates on the main channel during ad breaks of the cricket coverage.

I’d imagine that Seven (and probably all networks) will likely have all their channels available in HD when we eventually transition to DVB-T2/HEVC or whatever system the industry adopts for the 2nd generation of digital terrestrial television broadcasting in Australia.

But until then, unfortunately I can’t see the current situation changing anytime soon. Do I think it’s annoying that only one Australian network is currently running two MPEG4 HD channels on DVB-T? Yes, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

We usually watch it in the Iunch break of the cricket.

It seems there were not many people at the ground watching the Western Force.

5 Likes

Seven really need to invest in a new set for Game Day. It’s looking very tired these days.

It must be almost 10 years old?

1 Like

Yeap, they’ve used the same set ever since the show began in March 2008. Also, Talking Footy really needs a new set as well.

1 Like

They might just wait, until they have decide if they’re moving or not.

2 Likes

Game Day set has had I think one refurbishment in that time.

Talking Footy I don’t think needs any change to the set. It works perfectly as it is.

1 Like

Some of the paneling is showing signs of wear and tear. It just looks cheap now days, and the stone wall paper… yuck

Winx Stakes – Royal Randwick

Saturday 18 August

Sydney 2.30pm LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Melbourne 2.30pm LIVE on 7TWO and 7plus
Brisbane 2.30pm LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Adelaide 2.00pm LIVE on 7TWO and 7plus
Perth 12.30pm LIVE on 7TWO and 7plus

Seven will broadcast the Group 1 Winx Stakes (1400m) this Saturday as wonder mare Winx aims to set an Australian record 26 straight wins.

The world’s top-rated racehorse will be aiming to win the $500,000, weight-for-age race named in her honour (formerly the Warwick Stakes) and break Black Caviar’s record of 25 successive wins.

The Godolphin stable has thrown up a challenge to Winx’ s run at the record after nominating star four-year old Kementari.

Hosted by Bruce McAvaney.

1 Like

Will 7 be announcing which NFL games they’re covering or is it purely looking up each week what’s on?

So far the season opener between Philadelphia and Atlanta next Friday week, September 7, is confirmed to be shown on 7mate.

Games are selected on a week-by-week basis. However, they’ll air all games which fall under the ‘Sunday Night Football’ package or are played on Thanksgiving.

The Melbourne Cup is set to switch from Seven to Ten, according to reports in The Australian. Ten will start broadcasting it from 2019.

3 Likes

So Nine or Ten?

Ten sorry have fixed

1 Like

Finally after years of pathetic coverage from Seven the rights move back to their original home on Ten.

3 Likes