Seven Sport

With Seven set to lose the rights to Australian Open and Davis Cup from 2020 to 2024, I wonder if this will accelerate the network’s plans to buy a share in the NBL so it can show some matches during summer, in case its bid for cricket broadcast rights fails?

Good idea, but I think Seven will get some part of the Cricket deal.

1 Like

Terrible camera work at the Stawell Gift during the women’s semi finals. Main shot is from a camera high in a cherry picker I imagine.

No thanks. They’ll be woeful.

1 Like

Hey you never know they might do a good job if your expectations are low. Hamish McLachlan & Basil Zemplias could host the coverage & James Brayshaw could do the pitch report & coin toss! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope you aren’t giving Seven any ideas if they ever get those rights :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Giving everything to CBS…I mean Ten would be the best option (International, Tests, T20s, BBL). Cricket on Ten, Tennis on Nine. A breath of fresh air for Summer sports.

1 Like

Day 1 Championships on 7/4/2018 from 12PM (AEST)
Day 2 The Championships on 14/4/2018 from 11AM (AEST)
(apologies for the blurry font)

1 Like

Saturday on the screens of 7:
7/7HD - commonwealth games
7two - racing
7mate - commonwealth games/SANFL/VFL/WAFL/Sat Night AFL
7flix - commonwealth games
Racing.com - racing
7Gold Coast App - 8 X commonwealth games

7 Australia’s Sports Leader (for Sat Only)

3 Likes

Fairly certain 7 aren’t covering state leagues this week and next.

No. SANFL no adelaide due to the AFL power game. It’s that game instead.

Jason Bennett (filling-in for Bruce McAvaney) on Friday Night Football talked about 7Two’s horse racing this weekend during the Half Time show.

It was also mentioned by Jim Wilson in a Comm Games update today.

Though the Rugby Union Intrust Super Shute Shield is 7mate on Saturday in Sydney while the Commonwealth Games is on 7flix and the horse racing is on 7Two.

They are obliged to by contract cover 1 game each week.

And which of those are the VFL, WAFL, and SANFL???

They are obliged by contract to cover 18 home and away games. Which they will without covering any during the Commonwealth Games.

I think you already know the answer.

1 Like

My point is I answered that 7 weren’t covering any of the Aussie Rules state leagues the next two weekends. Not really sure where the NSW state rugby union comp fits into that, but I think you already knew that.

1 Like

This afternoon is an interesting scenario for Seven.

Some markets (outside VIC) will have all 4 channels broadcasting sport!

7 (Comm Games), 7Two (horse racing), 7mate (Saturday arvo AFL) and 7flix (Comm Games).

Might be a good chance to cap the 4 different sport watermarks in use. Won’t see this again until maybe Tokyo 2020.

@Abesty

Some? Queensland, that’s it isn’t it? SA is receiving the Port Power game on delay.

1 Like

For the next two weeks the VFL will live stream at least one match per week on its website so fans can see some vision. This week it’s Richmond v Port Melbourne and Northern Blues v Collingwood.