Seven Sport

Saw the promo during “The November Man” (2014) premiere last night.

It said “the only place to see NFL” or something.

Is that correct?

1 Like

There are three games live on ESPN according to Foxtel.
https://www.foxtel.com.au/watch/nfl.html

1 Like

I didn’t get any caps but I can confirm that today’s broadcast of the Shute Shield Grand Final was in native HD (probably the first ever HD broadcast for a Shute Shield rugby match?) on LCN-70 here in Sydney.

2 Likes

And the NFL website’s GamePass subscription provides live HD streaming of every game in every round including preseason and postseason (and the option to choose audio from one of the radio broadcasters if the TV commentators annoy you…which has saved me from an NBC’s Cris & Al induced snooze on many occasions). The real benefit though is that they run the US feeds with US commercials, so you don’t miss any action if the US broadcaster makes a late change to a break, as you’re not relying on the Australian broadcaster (which can’t legally run the US commercials) reacting to the change.

2 Likes

7mate will show four matches in the first week of NFL 2017/18 season.
Friday September 8: New England v Kansas City (10.30am AEST)
Monday September 11: Washington v Philadelphia (3am AEST), Green Bay v Seattle (6.30am AEST), Dallas v New York Giants (10.30am AEST)

2 Likes

I’m so muddled. What is Friday Saturday 8 and Monday Saturday 11?

It is September. Spelling mistake.
7mate will show more than three NFL matches during opening week and Thanksgiving week.

Anywhere I can find a list of what NFL games 7mate are airing or is it a week by week thing for the 1pm/4pm ish games?

Sunday Herald Sun reports Melbourne Cup-winning jockey Michelle Payne has joined Seven’s coverage of Spring Racing Carnival as an expert commentator.

You can find the listings at US Sports Down Under website. Games are usually posted two weeks in advance.

1 Like

So a week by week thing then! I guess they use the same Foxtel Guide app I use. Thanks for your help.

New Athletics Australia chief executive Darren Gocher confirmed Nitro Athletics would not return until after next year’s Commonwealth Games due to Seven’s busy sporting schedule in the first quarter of the year, according to News Corp. Recently retired Usain Bolt will again lead the All-Stars team.

Is 7mate taking some Matches of the Rugby League World Cup?

1 Like

I’d say most games will be on 7mate in Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth.

NFL

The NFL season starts Friday on 7mate with the Kickoff game as the defending Super Bowl champions the New England Patriots host the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Patriots will raise their fifth championship banner before the season opener, as they kick start their campaign to become the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowl titles since they performed the feat in 2003 and 2004.

Throughout the season, Seven will broadcast three consecutive Sunday games, ending with the blockbuster NFL Sunday Night Football, all coming in live to Australia every Monday morning on 7mate.

Seven will also broadcast live the NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl, along with the marquee NFL games including this Kickoff game and Thanksgiving NFL matches.

Friday 8 September
NFL KICKOFF GAME – CHIEFS@PATRIOTS
Sydney 10.30am LIVE 7mate
Melbourne 10.30am LIVE 7mate
Brisbane 10.30am LIVE 7mate
Adelaide 10am LIVE 7mate
Perth 8.30am LIVE 7mate

Monday 11 September
NFL – EAGLES@REDSKINS
Sydney 3am LIVE 7mate
Melbourne 3am LIVE 7mate
Brisbane 3am LIVE 7mate
Adelaide 2.30am LIVE 7mate
Perth 1am LIVE 7mate

NFL – SEAHAWKS@PACKERS
Sydney 6.25am LIVE 7mate
Melbourne 6.25am LIVE 7mate
Brisbane 6.25am LIVE 7mate
Adelaide 5.55am LIVE 7mate
Perth 4.25am LIVE 7mate

NFL – GIANTS@COWBOYS
Sydney 10.30am LIVE 7mate
Melbourne 10.30am LIVE 7mate
Brisbane 10.30am LIVE 7mate
Adelaide 10am LIVE 7mate
Perth 8.30am LIVE 7mate

Davis Cup was on 7rwo and 7 mate simultaneously in Perth for period tonight

1 Like

NFL live on mate and in HD on7 in Perth a

1 Like

This week’s NFL games

3:00 AM EST: New England @ New Orleans (CBS)
6:30 AM EST: Denver @ Dallas (FOX)
10:30 AM EST: Green Bay @ Atlanta (NBC)

The Sunday Night schedule for weeks 3-15 (subject to flex scheduling later in the season) is
WK 3: Oakland @ Washington (10:30 EST)
WK 4: Indianapolis @ Seattle (11:30 EST)
WK 5: Kansas City @ Houston
WK 6: NY Giants @ Denver
WK 7: Atlanta @ New England
WK 8: Pittsburgh @ Detroit
WK 9: Oakland @ Miami (12:30 EST)
WK 10: New England @ Denver
WK 11: Philadelphia @ Dallas
WK 12 (THANKSGIVING): Green Bay @ Pittsburgh [They may show all 3 Thanksgiving Day games on the Friday Morning Australian Time, Minnesota @ Detroit, LA Chargers @ Dallas, NY Giants @ Washington]
WK 13: Philadelphia @ Seattle
WK 14: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
WK 15: Dallas @ Oakland

Week 16 has no Sunday Night game on Christmas Eve in the US. There are 2 games on the Saturday, the second of which (scheduled to be Minnesota @ Green Bay) would be the usual SNF slot. The 2 games on Christmas Day in the US (Boxing Day in Australia) are the usual Week 16 ESPN Monday Night games that they have with no MNF in the last week. The SNF game in the last week won’t be known until whatever games with playoff implications are known.

1 Like

And it appears that 7 love giving us Patriots and Packers games. They’ve scheduled the first 3 games on 7mate at least.

At least ESPN shows every team at least once. 7mate shows the same team every week.

2 Likes