Seven Sport

Presumably so everyone has the option of HD…

1 Like

Fantastic interview with Seven’s long-time Head of Sport Saul Shtein.

Talking about behind-the-scenes of the Australian Open, the network’s other sports rights & even the potential for BBL cricket:

1 Like

According to a promo, the Super Bowl will also be streamed live on Plus7 app. I wonder how many people will stream the match at the office on Monday?

2 Likes

Great coverage of Nitro by Seven, it worked really well. The commentary team of Bruce and Tamsyn Lewis, and Hooksy and Dave Culbert worked well. It was also wonderful to see John Steffensen on the sidelines.

The commentary for field events was a bit shaky with the PA but overall it was some great viewing and hopefully the start of something big.

1 Like

2 Likes

Probably quite a decent amount. As a example, I know of a high school last year whose internet speeds was affected as a result of students streaming the game through Plus7

1 Like

That will help especially in Regional areas.

I thought he was contracted to nine? He was doing all the tdu reports for nine and on the Sunday sports, or is this another moment of love between networks, just like on Friday night with the football call?

John Steffensen helped organise Nitro Athletics and persuaded Usain Bolt to come on board and also come to Australia to compete.

3 Likes

I am lucky enough to have the flexibility to work from home and decided to do so today to watch the Superbowl. I never realised how many ads were involved. It is ridiculous. Every 2 minutes there is another ad. Is this seven or is it Fox?

The large number of breaks is the way the game is structured - especially designed for commercial TV.

Though not all of these breaks have commercials on ESPN.

2 Likes

Looks like Seven are running the ads through the same feed (i.e.) the Seven Sport watermark is staying on the ad break sometimes

I wonder why Seven didn’t show all the entertainment. I noticed commentary and adverts on FTA while ESPN had a band playing. Did FOX in the US not have the rights to all the entertainment? Wasn’t really paying attention, so not sure what was on ESPN.

Trying to rein in a few more viewers for the Super Bowl, I see…

What a game. Thought it was over and done with at half time. The biggest come back of all time.

3 Likes

That performance aired during FOX’s four hour pre-game show before the main broadcast began (when Seven began their coverage). If you look at the bottom left of your 2nd picture, you would notice that the performance happened at the tailgate party which was held before the game began

1 Like

Excellent game, even through I don’t understand any NFL rules!

Thanks - as I said, I wasn’t paying attention and wondered why ESPN had content to show.

Wonder what the ratings in the US will be when they come in tomorrow?

I think the Superbowl record is 114 million?

Ch 7 could pick-up hundreds of thousands in Australia alone.

The final ~30mins will be the biggest (wonder what the peak will be).

I’m assuming the networks will get more detailed breakdowns of the minute by minute viewing habits of America than is usually released. It would be interesting to see how the ratings ebbed and flowed as the game looked to be a blow out to the Falcons, and then in Q3 the Patriots came back.

Expect the OT ratings to be pretty decent.

1 Like