Seven (Southern Cross)

Cheers.

The assets SCA had to divest in Tasmania return to SCA…Round and round and round…

SCA saying they won’t sell TV assets feels like it can be taken two ways at times.

One way, is that there’s no intention of selling the stations - which is quite often the case and the feel.

This time however it could be just the same as “The Prime Minister/Premier/Leader of the party has my full support.” or “We are 100% behind the coach” which is speak for the deal has been done, wait until the announcement.

Will be interesting to see, even if it’s just SCA7 being able to use the 7News branding that could be good - or if they are going to take over the production of the bulletins due to the upcoming Nine News Tasmania competition.

4 Likes

I’ve got no doubt Seven want Tasmania (especially with the new AFL deal) but SCA won’t let it go without a massive price tag.

2 Likes

They already do this, except for the name, which is not a dealbreaker.

Maybe they need a flag at SCA HQ to let the market know when they are willing to sell

7 Likes

Hopefully they can budget for a light :flushed:. It’s no wonder 7 don’t want them using the 7News brand.

2 Likes

No there was an issue I was dealing with my Camera’s settings and it was hard to judge how light/dark the shot was…in reality it was quite light, but the sunlight and changing rain outside was making my camera go crazy.

Plus remember we’re all Video Journalists on the news, we do everything you see on TV.

2 Likes

@DJPizarro Not trying to knock you, just some feedback. But why not film the subject on their front porch with the sunlight behind you? Or turn them against another wall indoors and keep the big window and sun behind or to the side?

1 Like

Or just switch on zebras to get an accurate reading of the exposure.

Pouring rain outside made it not an option for my mic and the wind spray.

As I said it was hard to judge the actual lighting.

Either that or the person being interviewed didn’t want their face shown for fear of being identified.

1 Like

Yikes, didn’t know they don’t even have any camera operators in Tassie anymore? I would have thought they still had a few, GTS/BKN I can understand.

1 Like

They were identified by name and in cuts before the interview. But you’re right, if they didn’t want to be identified, this exposure set up would be close to perfect.

1 Like

I think he only means GTS/BKN, where all 5 reporters are Video Journalists. Not sure is Tassie has some VJs (would @Techster be able to answer) but I would assume there is camos there.

2 Likes

Oops, you’ve reminded me, more than one poster here. I confused him for someone else.

1 Like

SC7 safe for now. No mention at upfronts of SCA

1 Like

Everyone has a price, SCA will sell for the right price when SWM offers one.

3 Likes

There is continuing speculation that Seven West Media has been in talks with Here, There and Everywhere about a merger that could include Southern Cross Media in the deal.

I would assume Seven would get SCA’s 7 stations as well and the 10 ones would be sold off?

1 Like