Seven (Southern Cross)

I think we are defintely on the HD feed now. Lots of SC logo show promos still during ad breaks but I suspect this will reduce dramatically over the coming days.

The HD is looking very good. Finally can access Seven HD content in Tas. Great stuff!

6 Likes

Do they have 7flix yet? That would be a worse part of a dirty feed I’d think, if they are running promos for a channel they don’t have.

No 7flix, yeah that will be interesting if they promo that on the dirty feed!

Wondering what will happen to SBN if 7flix comes. That might move to the Nine mux.

Yeah they may do but they would probably need agreement with Win to do that. Will be a tight fit if 7flix is in the Southern Cross mux as well.

Without looking at the numbers, I’d imagine 7flix would have a higher viewership in the state. Although they could both probably fit as MPEG4.

Yeah it would do I suspect SBN doesnt get too many tuned in. Mpeg 4 though its all doable, look at SBS leading the way with two HD Mpeg4 channels.

The dirty feed thinks, can’t SCA put in effort*?

*effort is a word SCA are unfamiliar with.

Also, you’d expect some promotion of “7flix is coming” before launch?

I think there is areas of effort within SCA - Tasmania news is an amazing effort by the team in Tasmania.

But channel presentation - no effort anymore on presentation as it will be much of the time the dirty feed.

2 Likes

Prime has no issues squeezing HD, 7flix, Racing.com and ishoptv in MPEG-4.

1 Like

Just got home to find SC Central now using dirty feeds.

4 Likes

Dirty feeds tonight in SA as well - GTS/BKN, 7TWO & 7mate.

1 Like

It’d be no different to the 9LIFE promos that sneak through on the SC9 dirty feeds!

1 Like

Remember there’s always been two levels of SCA effort - the SC10/SC9 effort and the SCTV effort. The SCTV effort has always been miles ahead of the other, certainly for Tasmania, even with a 30 year old news set it was still better than many other regions.

No promotion for 7flix but also no confirmation that it’s even coming, just hopefulness.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I didnt get a shot of it but a next on 7flix graphic did just appear on SCTV Tas HD so yep the dirty feed is promoting a channel not available here.

4 Likes

It looks like someone was half way through converting this promo into a SC branded one, but forgot to finish it!

6 Likes

Just watching tonight’s House Rules recording and some cow came on to randomly jump on the screen and tell me Sunrise is live tomorrow. Is that really the shit that others have to put up with?

2 Likes

Welcome to the mainland :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Pretty much. Prime’s aren’t much better.

2 Likes

Does it really matter if Central or Darwin it have dirty feeds? North and South are near exact relays of the metro stations except local ads and the noodle updates within them.

Again, the only programming difference is Local News instead of Today Tonight, which is really only advertised in the break (and in some Adelaide news updates).

Tasmania is really the only one that would benefit with a clean feed for the main channel. All the rest still broadcast the metro news, with SA the only one with an additional local bulletin.