Seven (Southern Cross)

What market is that from? And I take it the dirty feed is the Seven metro looking one?

@Sully from Tasmania, it looks like Seven’s graphics.

@Nick at the moment they use their own graphics, like the ones in those 7Two caps (right side PRG text and larger rating classification symbol), and this for 7mate:

4 Likes

Anyone know what the transmission (EPG) titles are now on Tasmania’s TVs?

(e.g.) SCTV Hobart > 7 Hobart?

5/51 - Nine Tas
50 - 9HD Tas
52 - 9Gem
53 - 9Go!

6 - SCTV Launceston / Hobart
60 - SCTV HD Launceston / Hobart
62 - 7TWO
63 - 7mate
64 - SBN
68 - RACING.COM

WIN is the same as other areas.

2 Likes

Wonder if Southern Cross will take a dirty feed from the three 7 channels from July 1 when they rebrand Southern Cross to Seven?

Here in Spencer Gulf at the moment, SCA transmit:

GTS/BKN - Clean feed 7 Adelaide
7TWO - Clean feed Adelaide
7mate - Clean feed Adelaide

SC Nine - Dirty feed 9 Adelaide
9Gem - Dirty feed Adelaide
9Go! - Dirty feed Adelaide

SC10 - Dirty feed TEN Adelaide
ONE - Dirty feed Adelaide
ELEVEN - Dirty feed Adelaide

SCA also broadcast Racing.com, SBN and TVSN to Spencer Gulf.

the name isn’t changing to Seven until 1 July

1 Like

No why would they?

Interesting that they currently get a clean feed of 7TWO and 7MATE (though I think Prime and GWN do too, as their watermarks/PRGs used to say “7TWO on PRIME” etc). Are there any program variations, or is it just PRGs, promos, menus etc that differ branding-wise? Is there currently any mention of Southern Cross on the 7TWO or 7mate menus?

Apologies for the questions, but I’m curious. When a company like SCA in a solus market also carries the other two networks on additional channels, why do they run these as a straightforward relay of the metro network (excepting ads or promos) rather than inserting any local branding (such as calling them Southern Cross Nine or Southern Cross Ten on air)? Is it a logistical decision (cheaper and less hassle) or a stipulation if the additional licence? (I hope that made sense!)

Just easier to do it that way. There’s more to worry about with clean feeds - watermarks, promos, EPGs, bugs etc., but it does make it easier to brand the channel as they want and alter things such as the schedule.
With a dirty feed they just need to slap the ads on over the top and job done.

2 Likes

Seven in their main affiliation. When aggregation happened, the smaller markets like SA were left out. In 2004, they were allowed to broadcast a second analogue station, Ten-affiliated SGS/SCN. GTS/BKN was primarily Seven, but cherry-picked Nine content as well. They later launched a digital-only supplement channel, Nine affiliated GDS/BDN, in 2010.

As Seven is their main affiliation, that’s the one they worry about: news, branding, anything visual. The other affiliations are not the priority, but still receive local ads. Hence why SA is the odd one out (except NNSW but that’s good reason) when it comes to the Nine and Ten LCN numbers. They kept SA as the higher-rating Seven content and just left the other two as-is.

1 Like

If they are rebranding to Seven, why not?

7TWO and 7mate are the same as Adelaide, except SCA have their own [crappy looking] watermarks and program return graphics. There is no SC branding except when promoting SCTV (Seven) shows. Occasionally they will air the 6.30 local news on 7TWO because of the AFL broadcast on the main GTS/BKN channel.

1 Like

Looks like they are using the dirty feeds in 7Two and 7mate Tasmania now:

Southern Cross is still clean feed.
%231%232

9 Likes

I turned it round today and thought it was different, I don’t normally watch those channels so wasn’t sure. The TV guide for after July 1 can be accessed on the SC website now (with some of the usual URL manipulation). Doesn’t actually show anything really different - just Southern Cross News is now Seven News Tasmania.

http://scmedia.com.au/content/eguide.aspx?ch=EPG.HOB.Seven:Southern%20Cross%20Television%20-%20Hobart&dd=2018-07-01

No changes on Central:

1 Like

They might as well get ahead in all their Seven markets. Graphics are going to be showing the exact same programming anyway.

SCA’s Nine stations take dirty feeds, yes? Graphics-wise they just add their own HD mark?

I’m quoting an old post, but was looking for info about which (if any) of the Darwin channels broadcast in local time.

Is Southern Cross Darwin essentially the same as Southern Cross Central North, and operates on Brisbane time (meaning programmes appear 60 or 90 minutes “early”? As for Ten Darwin, is this broadcast in Melbourne time so everything appears 30 minutes early all year - which differs from Ten Central North who operate in Brisbane time)?

As Nine Darwin (NTD) is played out from Sydney like the other Nine O&O channels (bar NBN), I assume there is a broadcast delay and programmes appear on time. Probably the totally wrong thread to ask, but as they now get the “Southern Cross Nine” news from QTQ, is the local news window switching done at QTQ, who send the various news feeds to either SCA (for RQLD) or to French’s Forest (to insert into NTD), so - as expected - SCA isn’t involved at all in getting the Darwin bulletin to air?

As far as i am aware all Darwin channels are broadcast to Central Standard Time

All commercial channels in Darwin are in CST except TVSN, SBN, Racing.com and Extra.

SCA’s online TV guide for SCTV Central was broken once. When I contacted them they acknowledged the error and told me to use SCTV Darwin as it is based on SCTV Central South on a half hour delay. Makes sense as they both show 7 News Melbourne.

1 Like

Is the entire network uses the “timeshift” feed (meaning that the network provides feed for each time zones to make all areas in the country broadcast the same program in the same time, like in US), MYFRIENDSSSSSSSS…???