Seven (Southern Cross)

I know back in the day when some regionals telecast something like a local grand final for the local football league at the the league/ sponsor’s request, the station would ensure it would allocate the greater proportion to the production cost, and minimise the portion paid as the sponsorship fee, for the very reason of minimising the proportion paid to their affiliate network.

2 Likes

Similar practices are still common. SCA, particularly under their Ten affiliation, sold a large percentage of their TV advertising as add-ons to radio packages, which gave a much lower rate than the standard TV rate.

1 Like

Correct, with SCTAS it is 50% revenue, news is funded out of the remaining profit, not before. Then don’t forget to add the extra 10% rebate agencies receive on top of this, effectively losing 60% of total revenue in non-direct sales.

2 Likes

Prime are listless without Ramsay alive and were for a few years prior to his death when TV was not his main focus.

50% of their TV revenue is the line in the SWM release.

Do you have those caps?

Any idea when 7flixs will come to BKN/GTS or 7central

There’s no complete new on-air presentation planned for this year from what I’ve been previously told. Perhaps next year will see a complete overhaul of the current “Always” look.

1 Like

Southern Cross News Tasmania farewelled Studio A at 38 Watchcorn St Launceston tonight, as they switch to a new studio.

here it is… with a look back at the last 30+ years or so

3 Likes

They are playing several 50 Years IDs in the SA markets …

First ones are generic:

Look back at history:

With Seven / AFL personalities:

With Nine personalities:

The generic / history ones played on all Seven / Nine / Ten stations. Naturally, only the Seven personalities ones played on the Seven markets and the Nine personalities on the Nine markets.

I didn’t see any Ten personality ones.

Bakana Bilby:

Classifieds:

Reach promo:

AFL advertising promo:

Billboards:

8 Likes

Is the bilby still running on GTS like Big Dog on NBN?

Dunno… But whatever I just watched is gonna give me nightmares for the next week.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t get Tim Hatfield (who works at 7 Adelaide) to do a promo as he was the face of Southern Cross News and Southern Cross SA for nearly 4 years. Good to see a couple of local personalities and former reporters/presenters in the promos (Will Mac Donald, Gertie Spurling)

Yes, still running in the final ad break of Home and Away, just like Prime7 do with possum.

The clip that is running today is the same one from this upload 9 years ago, so it hasn’t been changed in a while:

On another note, here’s a cap of the end tag from a Commonwealth Games promo:

6 Likes

Not sure if this is the video you were thinking of?

2 Likes

Might be too fresh a wound to reopen.

Did he leave on bad terms?

1 Like

I found another variant of the Southern Cross watermark from an old video recorded in November 2007. It’s much smaller than the other SCB one I posted.

wmv%20-_00001

5 Likes

Yeah that was only around for a couple of months IIRC. This was around the time that SC-Central were tinkering with their watermark quite frequently (with different sizes and acronyms) before finally settling on SCTV. Pretty much all of 2007.

3 Likes

Dissspointing another major event is airing on sctv in sd. Wow they need to sort this major crap broadcasting issue. Again I will be sourcing content from online in hd :confused:

1 Like