Seven (Southern Cross)

Southern Cross in Regional SA/Broken Hill (GTS/BKN) does not have any watermarks.

Haha, but in this case, nothing is better.

1 Like

Neither does Tasmania. Think itā€™s just the Central feed that has the watermark which is the one received on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Oddly enough, I think that SCTV Central North has the watermark while the South version doesnā€™t like all other Seven-affiliated Southern Cross stations.

When did they get rid of the 7branding, I liked thatā€¦

Not sure Iā€™ve only really seen SC Tas, have only seen the other one on and off over the last 20 years so sometime in that time frame!
Iā€™ve always liked Southern Crossā€™ commitment to their graphics and presentation, the 7 affiliate stations have always had it so much better than the SC10 stations and better than WIN shoving their watermark and coverups everywhere.

1 Like

SCTV Central North, which is the original 7 Central, is the only one with a watermark. The Spirit would be using SCTV Central South since VAST started.

I think around 2007 or 2008 when presentation moved to Canberra.

I went on the Spirit a few months ago and canā€™t remember if there was a watermark or not, but ads were for Northern Territory and Queensland, would this be right? Pretty sure they were ads fairly north in the NT too e.g. Katherine and Palmerston.

Yep, sounds right. It contains the same commercials as North even though the schedule can differ a lot at times.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for the info!

Was still using 7 branding in April 2007 that was when I was on the Spirit

1 Like

Possible selling off of Southern Cross Television to Ten:

Could be interesting for the Seven affiliated stations if such changes eventuate.

Maybe Southern Cross Austereo could sell SCTV to Prime and not directly to Seven. Then when Seven possibly buys Prime their network will be much bigger than it currently is. Interesting times ahead!

You canā€™t own 2 TV stations in an aggregated market; if that is what you meant - not sure?

Well when/if the media laws are changed you will be able to.

SCTV, not SC Ten. Prime could acquire SCTV and gain like nearly 2 million viewers I think. Thatā€™s if SCA want to sell SCTV and SC Ten separately.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t think there was any change to allow one operator to own two stations in the same market? (excluding of course the smaller markets where this is allowed already)

I think youā€™ll find that LeighF is talking about SCA selling SCTV (the seven affiliate) to Prime while SC10 would be sold to Ten. No duplication in any market.

1 Like