Seven (Southern Cross)

You do realise he’s referring to SCTV in Tasmania, not SC9 (hence the thread name).

I think previous posts have mentioned that the channel is just a upcoversion from SD with little (or no) native HD content.

Yeah I haven’t seen anything that I would say is native HD except for their own logo in PRG and when they place the 7 logos over sport themselves. I think there was some indication that Seven may have had a disagreement regarding AFL and HD or probably financial. So what is happening now it seems is we have gone from at least having the odd bit of HD of 7mate to a completely upconverted channel no better than the SD channel. Hopefully they can resolve this but it would be nice if they were a bit more transparent to the public on what was happening as delivering something that is not really HD and announcing the channel as HD is a bit of a lie to viewers. Looks like turning to other sources still required for decent HD 7 programming is needed in Tasmania still.

As demonstrated by 9HD in Vic/SNSW/Qld and 10HD in NNSW, SCA now have the right equipment to do HD well (albeit without their own content being in HD). That would make it highly probably that the problem with SCTas getting HD is with 7 provided SCA with an HD feed - either they don’t want to give it, or they want more money for it. Either way, it’s potentially the same reason why 7HD and 7flix haven’t have an appearance on Prime yet too.

2 Likes

Brandworks promo

Ident

4 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ve had it on my to do list to try and see if I could get a recording happening to get that one as it’s an interesting one for SC.

Interesting choice of font; the one Ten used when they first introduced their current logo.

Good point, I think a sell would be an option, though one must be careful here and not to confuse that highest rating with highest revenue, and even more so especially when you have to give 50% away . . . this is where decisions are made, not on ratings.

The entire Southern Cross Television Network is down at the moment due to a major power/technical issue at their Television hub in Canberra.

6 Likes

There was reports on Southern Cross Tasmania’s Facebook page that the channel had been showing Today instead of Sunrise on the 7 based SCTV channel and also was showing 7mate at one point on the main channel.

7 Likes

9HD SC (LCN 50) was OK for a while then it disappeared behind snow again

9SC SD is OK

3 Likes

9sc hd lcn 50 is ok here in victoria

1 Like

All fixed according to Southern Cross Tas.

1 Like

Meanwhile.

Alarm Bells are ringing at WIN HQ with Bruce Gordon racing down to Media Hub so he can pull plugs and accidentally let Nine through on all of the WIN channels.

9 Likes

How come we weren’t aware about this affiliation swap? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I just arrived home and turned 9HD (LCN 50) on right as that “We Will Rock Australia” story was airing, and had no issues at all. Although I did notice that the picture quality didn’t look HD at all, and there was no HD watermark.

2 Likes

The feed from Brisbane for the morning news was OK but as soon as Ellen started the snow appeared again but about 30 secs later it was fixws.

2 Likes

Not the Ellen Premiere Week!

1 Like

F**ked again

Which network is in financial trouble?

10 Likes

no hd water mark for 9hd and no program info for 9 gem go or life

1 Like