Seven (Southern Cross)

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f5824d00768> #<Tag:0x00007f5824d006a0>

I think everyone gets Nine programming in HD except Imparja viewers?

1 Like

I don’t think so.
I’m pretty sure none of the joint ventures have Nine in HD, except for Tasmania.

1 Like

Nine in the WIN monopoly areas (Griffith, Loxton, Mt Gambier) don’t get Nine HD either.

1 Like

No Nine HD in the South East / Riverland areas of SA.

1 Like

Starting to get a bit off-topic but thanks for the insight. So basically everywhere except Metro and Southern Cross Austereo areas don’t receive Nine in HD.

1 Like

Pretty much, except SA which is also SCA controlled. They launch 9HD in Tas but not their solus market in SA. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

They were already launching 7HD in Tasmania, and I believe Nine Tasmania is carried by SCA’s systems so their systems were already HD compatible.

Besides in SA, Seven would be the one getting the HD channel if anything since Seven is their primary affiliation there (Nine and Ten are the secondary affiliations).

1 Like

Didn’t 9HD start a year earlier? But, I do know what you mean. Not to mention the population differences.

Maybe we’ll see something happen when SCA moves to NPC (if it hasn’t happened already?)

1 Like

Yep no HD channels in the Spencer Gulf. Yes they’ve had 9HD in Tasmania for a while but it’s not strictly an SCA channel (joint venture with WIN). Playout presentation is still in Watson ACT and moving to NPC Media sometime around April next year.

1 Like

The current SCA channels in Port Pirie SA. No Main HD or duplicates.

LCN | EPG Label *1080HD ^MPEG4

05 | 10 Port Pirie
06 | 7 Port Pirie
08 | 9 Port Pirie
50 | 10 Bold *
54 | SBN ^
55 | 10 Peach
57 | TVSN ^
60 | 7mate *
62 | 7TWO
68 | RACING.COM ^
80 | 9Gem *
84 | 9Life ^
88 | 9Go!

3 Likes

Didn’t know Bold, Gem and 7mate are in HD over there. That’s interesting

On a HD channel. While Gem might be native HD, I’d expect 7mate to be an SD upconvert, while Bold certainly will be.

They should do what 7 did in regional Queensland - and make the main channel an MPEG-2 HD channel, just swapping it around with the current HD multichannel. That way they could actually get an HD feed of each of the channels they are showing in HD - without the extra expense of adding an MPEG-4 HD simulcast channel.

2 Likes

7mate and GEM in WIN territory are both native HD, I’m sure its the same for Southern Cross.

2 Likes

Yep, can confirm 7mate via GWN and SCA (Central) are native HD. 10 Bold HD via SCA, on the other hand, is upconverted.

3 Likes

Yes, same goes for both stations in the Northern Territory. It looks awful.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll change their HD channels when NPC takes over playout next year

3 Likes

Also hoping SCA do a deal to broadcast 7Flix like Prime have.

3 Likes

We will probably see those changes when SCA moves over to NPC. I’m also expecting SCA’s Network 10 stations to transition over to High Definition.

3 Likes

I think they are allowed to broadcast 7flix now but they don’t out of convenience. But with NPC this might not be an issue.

They refused to add 9Life in SA or on TDT for a while because they thought it was too expensive but eventually they were effectively forced to add it because without 9Life their 9 stations weren’t playing enough Australian content and were in breach of ACMA rules.

2 Likes

Which wasn’t much of an issue anyway because they fixed that by running Today on replay on GO! during the day. Not sure if they have stopped doing that.

1 Like
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter