Seven Regional

Tells me everything about their culture, they don’t actually sample their work, don’t care, it is just a job.

5 Likes

It’s Canberra mate

You work there until you can find someone to give you a good reference so you can get into the APS :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was sad when they tore down the old CTC7 building in 2020 and everyone was saying how it was a ‘crappy old building’ and they were glad to leave

I loved that old building :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I manage 15 people aged from 16 to 56 and from all my interactions and conversations over the past couple of years I can safely say only one watches free-to-air TV and only for MAFS. It’s the 56 year old. They all get their news from Facebook and the only television shows they talk about is what they’ve watched on Netflix or Stan or YouTube.

7 Likes

Sounds about right.

2 Likes

It used to be alright, probably in the last year it’s been really bad. During the cricket was when it was at its worse. A few seconds of the end of a metropolitan feed during the break between overs.

Going way back to when GWN’s presentation was in Bunbury pre 2005, presentation was excellent. A nice and clean transition going from commercial break to programming.

The commercials over the metro feed have gotten really bad since they left MediaHub and went to TBS MediaCloud, especially during AFL. The ad usually plays a few seconds late and cuts back after, which means you miss a few moments of AFL.

3 Likes

They are grouped as their own network but each market is identified individually.

I don’t think they do the separate watermarks anymore?

You’re right, they don’t anymore

CTC 7 rebranded at Capital TEN (with the X logo) in time for Seoul too. Canberra and Brisbane had nearly identical news sets (fresh out of the box) - back when CTC was owned by the network. “Ten Capital” would be introduced years later under SC; after a 5 year stint retuning to simply “Capital Television” under Curran.

Fun fact - Stokes sold CTC 7 and ADS 7 (as it was) when he failed to acquire HSV and ATN. Canberra came very close to having 7 network branding way back in 1987.

5 Likes

Do we know if 6:30 national news will be dumped?

Unknown at this stage.

1 Like

To be honest that would be stupid if they did axe it in New South Wales and they end up airing a cut down Seven News Sydney.

1 Like

Bordermail Article in regards to the change

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Prime7 & GWN7 Local News

I don’t understand why prime can’t just fully adopt seven branding on June 6. Instead we have a transition logo. What is wrong with this? Lets get it over with.

Why do anything at all, ever? lol

I’m sure they all had a talk about it at Seven and after some sort of vote this was considered a nice way to handle it

When is 7two hd coming?

I didn’t even know this was a thing

1 Like