Seven Regional

I think that is what Seven metro are doing, dumping 7mate SD and replacing it with 7Bravo. No changes to 7flix unlike metro as 7flix is already MPEG-4.

2 Likes

I wonder if ishoptv will launch in 7QLD and metro areas when the retune happens on Wednesday?

2 Likes

thats why i took a screen cap for proof any channel 7 releases in metro would be also released in regional since its all the one network

Does regional WA even have 7flix yet?

If not, I’m going to say there’s probably zero chance of 7bravo coming to that side of 7 Regional

Former GWN areas don’t have 7HD, 7mateSD and 7flix. So I doubt 7Bravo will come to Regional WA.

CONFIRMED: Seven Regional is getting 7Bravo on LCN 65. 7mate SD currently has the same placeholder than metro, with ishoptv moving to 67. I will post Bendigo LCNs when I get home.

6 Likes

7mate SD (63) Shepparton:

In SD. EPG though is for 7mate, and LCN is 7mate Shepparton.
7mate is only available in HD on 64, and LCN is 7mateHD Shepparton (wonder if that will change to just 7mate).
65:

In SD. EPG just says coming soon, and LCN is 7bravo.
67 is iShopTV.

2 Likes

Saw an ad on 7Tas the other day for it and it was saying on Channel 75 but it had a disclaimer in the bottom corner about it not going to be available in all regional areas so I highly doubt 7Tas will be getting it - we still don’t have 7flix either.

2 Likes

Yeah highly doubt it. You can’t even get it in Darwin or regional WA. The government needs to step in and fix this issue. The whole point of agregation was for us country folks to get the same programming as in the cities. That remained true until the early to mid 2010s.

1 Like

You are lucky to even get what you have now. Aggregation was done for the five main channels. It is not economically viable to run ten channels per multiplex in Alice Springs, unless you are prepared to buy up all the advertising time?

2 Likes

The internet negates this problem.

1 Like

The concept of aggregation was devised in an analogue environment when we had three commercial channels and no multi-channels. And regional areas now have a platform of three commercial operators, even if some are operated in duopoly or monopoly environments, but that matches the cities.

No, it doesn’t. There is no universal service obligation to have 7flix (e.g.) provided to every household in Australia.

5 Likes

Except that the vast majority of viewers simply won’t care about the economics of delivering the service - it also doesn’t help that the industry does a terrible job of communicating the reality.

By adopting the metro station identity as the regionals have predominately done now, they’ve also significantly blurred the lines and people may not realise there is a difference between the two which doesn’t help the situation either.

If you’ve got a decent enough connection

4 Likes

Last time I checked the internet wasn’t free.

neither are TV sets and antennas.

1 Like

If 7Tas can get Sky News Regional and SBN as multi-channels surely they should get 7flix and 7bravo!

Seperate deals though

1 Like

I knew there was another one missing. We don’t have Sky News Regional either, just SBN.

strange, you’d think being a Liberal state SCA would carry Sky News Regional on its “jewel in the crown” to exert more political influence.

They don’t even have SNR.

I don’t get why SCA can’t launch 7flix as they have launched 9Life and 10 Shake.