Seven Regional

Yes however the vast majority of the public have the internet in some form. You don’t need a particularly fast connection to watch 7Flix so for the vast majority of people it is an alternative.

1 Like

One thing to point out is most people using vast are located in areas with fuck all 4g reception. Plus, they don’t want to fork out thousands of dollars for something like Starlink which takes forever to ship.

Look, I get it. Although internet is a paid service, most people have it. But it’s not free, not universally standard across the board, and not guaranteed to be reliable. 100% of Australians can access FTA for free and it’s generally a reliable service. If it isn’t there’s satellite which is also free.

You just can’t say the same about access to the internet. For some it’s simply not reliable enough to stream anything in the first place, let alone affordable or accessible.

7 Likes

I have had internet troubles in the past where I have not had good internet up to fourteen day a couple of times in the past, I would hate to have no TV at all for that long.

Totally agree mate. I’m getting less than 10mbps internet, which makes video streaming impossible.

I don’t think that’s got anything to do with it.

1 Like

Bendigo has now been updated (before this afternoon it still used the old LCNs)

6: 7 Bendigo
60: 7HD Bendigo
61: 7 Bendigo
62: 7two Bendigo
63: 7mate Bendigo
64: 7mateHD Bendigo
65: 7bravo
66: 7flix
67: ishoptv
68: RACING.C0M

IMO the SD multis look worse than before. I don’t get why the ishoptv placeholder is in HD unless 7two or 7Bravo will be HD?

2 Likes

We aren’t talking about VAST

VAST is a platform lacking 7flix, etc, so it’s relevant.

Seven West got back to me regarding lack of multi’s and HD in WA and they told me something is in the works and to stay tuned. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good to know re HD for regional WA! About time.

Does 7 do playout for 10West too?
Hopefully HD is coming for 10 there as well.

WIN does playout for 10West. 10West have this:

5: 10HD
50: 10Bold
55: 10Peach

1 Like

It’s not as simple as that. 7 Darwin is not owned by the government but by SCA, and the owner can say there has to be enough support from ads in order to fund the new channels and it can say the market is too small to justify it. So the government cannot step in because it’s owned by private owner.

:open_mouth: i saw on seven network Wiki 7Kids -2023

Doubt it is real. Remember everyone can edit Wikipedia.

7 Likes

I never ever knew 7 had their own wiki fandom page.

1 Like

Jesus christ guys

8 Likes

Also, nobody knew that 7bravo was coming until the upfronts. The likeliness that Wikipedia would somehow know of new channels, and it not being reported anywhere else is the same as Jana Wendt being announced as the new host of ACA.

4 Likes

they could have a online kids channel

They do. It’s called Creative Kids.

3 Likes

I saw Jana Wendt is being announced as the new host of ACA on MediaSpy :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes