Seven On-Air Presentation

John Boyega and Nick Frost could be classed as pretty significant cast members of that movie.

1 Like

No.

As per Seven’s PRGs, they have two seperate lines.

Classification bugs (return from ad-breaks) only appear during first line
(i.e.) now
》On Deadly Ground 7mate

Are significant cast members ordinarily included on the PRG?

3 Likes

Always (when the second line promotes an upcoming movie next or later or for another day).

Thanks. Must be a Seven thing because I don’t recall seeing it on Prime.

4 Likes

Saw the new program signpost tonight during MKR. It is way too big, across the bottom of the screen. The old signpost looks better.

2 Likes

Forgive my naivety, what exactly are you referring to?

Anyone cap it?

1 Like

The signpost that I saw tonight showed what was coming up next on main channel, 7TWO and 7flix, but not 7mate.

2 Likes

Are you talking about a full screen signpost, or the PRG graphic that shows what’s up next on the various channels across the bottom of the screen, shortly after a show returns from the commercial break?

If it’s the former, I didn’t think Seven did those anymore? (Prime and GWN do though)

1 Like

It’s the PRG graphic that shows what’s up next across the bottom of the screen.

3 Likes

Ah, I know what Johnson’s referring to (it’s hard, because I was thinking the same as @Bort RE: full screen line-up).

But I think he’s talking about not a PRG techncially, but a super that appears once or twice early evening on main channel.

It’s an elongated, arrow, box, which transitions for a few channels.

Looks the same as the one that pops up near the start of every program on every channel “you can watch this live on 7Plus” (used to promote “7Live”).

I’ll (or anybody) try and cap it.

^

Is what I talked about above, what this is referring to?

–

NB/
Is the 7Live app still downloadable? It still works for me.

1 Like

You’re trying to refer to this sort of thing aren’t you:

It now covers the whole bottom of the screen right, in Seven’s new style graphics for certain things? I didn’t manage to get a cap of it last night in MKR but I agree that the old style was much better and less invasive of the screen.

4 Likes

Correct!

Screencaps of the seemingly new “Next” Program Promotional Supers for Seven, 7TWO and 7mate:

Didn’t see a 7Flix one, but I’m sure we can imagine what that one would look like. I daresay the updated design is probably meant to tie-in with the promotional supers for programs and the one for 7Plus commonly seen at the start of shows:

12 Likes

Thank you for that.

I’d say more intrusive, to grab the viewers’ attention (if that’s stating the obvious)?

–

As a side note, so Seven spend all of last year, airing those similar supers near the start of each program on every channel, saying “you can watch on 7Live”.

Only to now be plugging “watch live on 7Plus”.

It’s just confusing for viewers, given Seven clearly have live streams available on 7Plus (which is what they’re getting at), but we may as well forget about 7Live!?

Yet most would recognise / consider 7Plus (formerly Plus7) as their VOD (catch-up) platform.

1 Like

Well if they’re not plugging it, then why would it be confusing? I doubt anyone remembers it. I don’t.

2 Likes

Trust me on this, most wouldn’t.

6 Likes

Just saw a short 7Two ident (the 7Two name scraped into sand on a beach, with a wave going over).

Are these new?

No, this ident has been around for a while; at least a year or two!! I take it you don’t watch 7Two very often…

1 Like

Almost never, except for sport over-flow / secondary feed or the odd movie or arvo/overnight game show re-runs or new Murdoch Mysteries.

1 Like