Seven On-Air Presentation

Do Seven air line-ups anymore?

I see them all the time on Ch 9 & Ch 10.

Never seen one.

1 Like

They use to.

Prime7 still do.

Seven haven’t aired lineups since 2012, they were dumped even before the On-Air Presentation relaunch on Melbourne Cup day that year IIRC.

2 Likes

So what is their main method of promoting their prime-time on-air then?

Just lots of consecutive promos?

Seven’s main method of promoting their primetime lineup is just running promos for those shows on a very high rotation. Anyone who watches the tennis should be well and truly sick and tired of Seven’s promos for their 2017 lineup by January 30…

2 Likes

YES! I’m so over that annoying repetitive Home and Away ad that they seem to show every ad break!

If only we had 4K channels! Although 7 4K and 9 4K sounds a bit weird…

1 Like

Well they never stick to the advertised times so they must be avoiding false advertising. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That’s why they’d be called 7 UHD & 9 UHD (Ultra High Definition).
But that much broadcast bandwidth just isn’t available so we’re unlikely to see those for a very long time. Once the fibre-to-the-premises NBN was killed off we lost the best way of handling the large bandwidth requirements of such high resolution video traffic to every home (which would’ve been nice for getting every channel in at least 1080p/Full HD before 4k/UHD).

3 Likes

Minor I know, but I think that the design of the In-Program Lotto Results Graphics have been updated fairly recently. The 1st cap is from December 17, the 2nd is from last night:

Yes, both caps have been resized to SD (the first was originally intended to be just for my personal archives until the tweak) but rest assured that both the old & new graphics were seen in native HD where available. You get the general idea anyway.

For what it’s worth I think the newer graphic is a decent simplification, although I probably would’ve preferred to see the current network fonts used rather than the font from the old 2011-12 era graphics.

7 Likes

Wow I never knew they did these, I live out in the bush so wouldn’t of had any idea

1 Like

I don’t know about other cities but in Melbourne in the olden days even Channels 9 and 10 would display the lotto numbers on screen after 7 had televised the draw… so that they didn’t risk viewers tuning out to catch the numbers.

4 Likes

Slightly different look on the “after the tennis” Better Homes and Gardens promo. A hint at a presentation refresh?

1 Like

Yeah it’s a flat sliding bars with bright colours style. The same is used on a new “We just love he footy” promo the other day as well…

1 Like

For anyone interested, I was reading online that Seven’s promotions department produces over 800 promos per week for the network.

That’s a hell of a lot!

Like @SydneyCityTV said, because Seven don’t air line-ups like Nine and Ten do, they probably need a lot more promos airing more frequently.

1 Like

Perhaps you could share the link as our members might like to read it

2 Likes

It wasn’t an article.

It was within a staff members’ detailed info on their LinkedIn account.

HERE:
mod edit: no. bad movieman.

Well, I’m calling it out as bullshit. How could they be producing 800 promos per week for the network and why would they even need that many?

Yeah it seems high but counting the …day, Tomorrow, Tonight, Next, variants for each weekly programme gets it down to 200 per week, of course news (& Sunrise) ones change more frequently than weekly shows, plus there’s any other weekday programmes with content-specific promos (but I’ve mostly seen just generic promos for the likes of The Chase).

1 Like

Don’t forget that some promos also have variations that are different lengths. Plus do Seven produce any promos for Prime?

1 Like