Seven On-Air Presentation

All shit reality concepts that blind Freddy could’ve seen wouldn’t work here.

New ideas + leaning into programming of past years is where they should be aiming for, that and Seven should stop focusing on competing with 9 and to a slightly lesser extent 10 from a 7:30 timeslot perspective with realities and concentrate on running their own race.

A weekly drama for 30-40 weeks, more 1% Club and try other game/quite formats of that general nature, a weekly current affairs show (think Fair Go from TVNZ, or less topical than ACA), ob-doc fly on the wall type series, documentaries, and heck give Spotlight a consistent timeslot week round.

Mix this with some of the shows that are working well for them such as Voice, Farmer, Dancing whilst pursuing other suitably aligned formats for the network and you’ve got a pretty well rounded schedule IMO.

2 Likes

I agree with this and it’s what i prefer to watch. But they’re sticking with reality and dhowing drama no respect. They have one drama after 7.30pm RFDS and it follows a bloated reality show withthe advertisrd start time of 9.15pm.

It’s only viewers of The Voice eho are likely to keep watching. Who else is going to switch over at the random time of 9.15pm?

Not sure what to make of this seeing very little info has been provided. However, the AFR’s media column is speculating that Seven will make some presentation-related announcements at its Upfront event in October. Specifically:

Seven will announce its new branding, sport wins, and probably a new tagline – some say it’s “That’s massive!” .

7 Likes

The schedule: Nine Entertainment – September 6; YouTube – September 14; Are Media – September 15; TikTok – September 19; Seven West Media – October 18; oOh!media – October 24; Foxtel – October 26; Paramount (owner of Network Ten) – late October; SBS – October 31.

2 Likes

Nine has had the same look since, like the early-mid 2010s and Seven is going for another refresh?

Weird because I think Seven’s presentation is much more contemporary.

4 Likes

Channel change after MRK roadblock

5 Likes

Okay wow, the first few mins of MKR was simulcasted on mostly all Seven networks? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not the first time they’ve done this

1 Like

In the past, they have simulcast the whole episode across all their channels.

1 Like

Yeah Metro, Regional and SCA (anyone else?) all show Seven programming.

Meaning Seven’s multichannels - it was on Seven. 7Two, 7Mate and 7Bravo. It seems to be a tactic used for shows that they are less confident about.

3 Likes

Yeah roadblocking, the guy I replied to was asking if all the 7 carriers showed the program(?)

I think they meant channels and not networks.

1 Like

Full Screen Production Closer:

7 Likes

Reminds me of the 2003/04 ident

2 Likes

I know that Seven have been doing ‘short breaks’ on and off for a while (might be a Warburton thing because they did it on Ten back then as well). I’ve don’t think I’ve seen them introduced as a general (non show specific) sponsor billboard though. Captured tonight.

1 Like

I don’t understand why a brand would want to be associated with “bringing you this short break”. Much rather be connected to the actual program like Toyota on Farmer Wants A Wife.

It’s a positive thing. People hate ads and how long ad breaks can be. Being associated with seemingly shortening their suffering is a positive connection with the brand.

4 Likes

They need to seriously fix it and have shortened breaks as a regular thing.

Oh, I see what you mean. I never noticed that the actual ad break was shorter because of the sponsor. I think it needs better wording or make it obviously shorter (under 2 mins).

1 Like