Seven On-Air Presentation

Looks like the production ender has been updated. Same style as the current idents.

4 Likes

Screen cap:

14 Likes

Not sure how long this has been the case, but I noticed that when the Seven streams break away to show Border Security or whatever crime reality show in place of cricket/footy, they now present it like a normal channel with watermark and commercial breaks with back-to-back 7+ promos.

For years they’d just do a piss poor hard switch to Border Security as the sport begins and it would just be a continual commercial-free binge run of random episodes until well after the sport finished. At least now there’s some effort. Would be nice if I could get access to an EPG for these break aways!

Pretty cool!

4 Likes

They have also released a hole stack of channels on 7 Plus for some of their shows. For example a channel playing Blue Heelers episodes. I do not see the point of doing this it’s a waste of bandwidth. If I want to watch Blue Heelers I would choose an episode on demand. They have all seasons available. I haven’t watched the channel other than for a minute or so to see what it was. I am assuming it has commercials. If they can do it for a dedicated Blue Heelers channel and waste their bandwidth they can do the same for breakaway programs. However the need to do it in the first place isn’t doing Seven any favours.

The 7 Plus app is dreadful very unuser friendly

1 Like

These channels have been running for a couple of months now. You’re right, you could just watch the show on demand but I guess it’s adding value to the service. Maybe they could do 7three and start showing some of the classic 7 programming from years ago, they have the catalog for it.

4 Likes

7vault or 7classic

6 Likes

Isn’t that just the Aussie Classics channel?

I’m surprised they haven’t done +1 channels of their linear ones.

1 Like

Have Seven dropped the “next up” wording? Promos for The Voice tonight just saying “starts tonight” or “starts next” (but could just be because of the “start”).

edit

Looks like no?

3 Likes

I was confused for a sec and thought that cap was in response to them still using “Next up”

“i sentence you to kiss my ass”

5 Likes

No they haven’t unfortunately. Personally I always thought it sounded weird. What’s wrong with just “next on Seven”.

1 Like

Playout error in Brisbane - promo/up next for The Voice seen at 10 minutes before midnight after the final had aired.

4 Likes

Why so early? Didn’t it just start?

1 Like

It was filler content ahead of the Winter Olympics taking over the schedule

3 Likes

Full series promo

6 Likes

Minor observation:

Main channel classification warning’s consumer advice was in CAPITALS (as it used to be pre-mid 2020 relaunch) at the beginning of SAS. Not suggesting a presentation refresh, but wonder if there’ll be some tweaked and/or returned elements on the network coinciding with the launch of the show tonight? Or more likely could just be a one-off error.

A sport promo with bonus advert.

3 Likes

Ah yes, because nothing says “sport” like a fleur-de-lis :joy:

3 Likes

Idiotic design.

1 Like

They’re really going all out to target the over 65 market. First DWTS and now graphics that resemble wallpaper my grandmother had in 1977.

11 Likes

I’m guessing it’s trying to capture the more “prestigious” side of horse racing. I don’t think it’s too bad considering it’s obviously meant to tie into horse racing.

5 Likes