Seven On-Air Presentation

Saw the Melbourne version, was just the same but with Peter Mitchell at the end at 7 News desk. Will keep an eye out for a Tassie version which I think they did last year.

1 Like

They could come up with something new instead of using the same concept as last year.

1 Like

Have you seen their programming schedule?

8 Likes

These type of promos/idents have such a short run each year. People donā€™t get sick of them as quick so most networks get away with running them over consecutive summers/Christmases.

How many years did we get the same ā€œSummer time where we liveā€ promos on Prime throughout the 90s/early 2000s?

5 Likes

60 sec versions:

9 Likes

Bit of a lazy effort from Seven. Most of the shots were used last year.

2 Likes

Looks like they very clearly planned on reacting to the gift being in the middle of the deskā€¦ but the graphics department didnā€™t get the memo

3 Likes

The thumbnails on those videos really does highlight the inconsistency between the cities. Every set is completely different.

Nine really have done well with set consistency across the country.

Sevenā€™s on air presentation overall is mostly consistent nationally but it is a free for all with the news sets. Hopefully now they are starting to make some money again they consider investing in this but I doubt it.

7 Likes

Weird that the Adelaide promo did not just go for just Jane.

1 Like

But most wouldnā€™t even notice

3 Likes

In addition to the national version TVW are airing another Christmas promo with some of the news team:

9 Likes

Much better than the national one.

2 Likes

Takes me back to regional tv in the 80s.

3 Likes

Thanks for the videos, @Abesty. I think they could have localised it even further for each market by changing the footy shot for NSW / QLD / SA / WA by using a mark from their respective local derbys (even if they had to dub over the ā€œtakes an absolute screamerā€ commentary).

1 Like

Sponsored 7plus promo:

6 Likes

Yeah this is a Kmart ad or something. No good!

2 Likes

30 sec version of the Perth ID:

4 Likes

Short Christmas ID:

7Qld version:

2 Likes

Too much information - cricket and Lotto

4 Likes

The Set For Life lottery info only stays on for around 10 seconds.

2 Likes