Seven On-Air Presentation

Wow I never knew they did these, I live out in the bush so wouldn’t of had any idea

1 Like

I don’t know about other cities but in Melbourne in the olden days even Channels 9 and 10 would display the lotto numbers on screen after 7 had televised the draw… so that they didn’t risk viewers tuning out to catch the numbers.

4 Likes

Slightly different look on the “after the tennis” Better Homes and Gardens promo. A hint at a presentation refresh?

1 Like

Yeah it’s a flat sliding bars with bright colours style. The same is used on a new “We just love he footy” promo the other day as well…

1 Like

For anyone interested, I was reading online that Seven’s promotions department produces over 800 promos per week for the network.

That’s a hell of a lot!

Like @SydneyCityTV said, because Seven don’t air line-ups like Nine and Ten do, they probably need a lot more promos airing more frequently.

1 Like

Perhaps you could share the link as our members might like to read it

2 Likes

It wasn’t an article.

It was within a staff members’ detailed info on their LinkedIn account.

HERE:
mod edit: no. bad movieman.

Well, I’m calling it out as bullshit. How could they be producing 800 promos per week for the network and why would they even need that many?

Yeah it seems high but counting the …day, Tomorrow, Tonight, Next, variants for each weekly programme gets it down to 200 per week, of course news (& Sunrise) ones change more frequently than weekly shows, plus there’s any other weekday programmes with content-specific promos (but I’ve mostly seen just generic promos for the likes of The Chase).

1 Like

Don’t forget that some promos also have variations that are different lengths. Plus do Seven produce any promos for Prime?

1 Like

Well it’s not, the person in charge of them at Seven clearly stated that that is approximately what they produce per week.

The link was sadly moderated, so now that of course makes me look… Um…

I’m pretty sure that news/current affairs promos (and possibly some local programing promos) are done by different people than those in charge of producing promos for shows like MKR or Home & Away.

Of course there’s probably very many different versions of promos each week, especially when you take into consideration the “…day”, Tomorrow, Tonight, Next variants plus “Coming Soon” promos and market-specific promos. But I would’ve that more than one person is in charge of producing promos at the promotional departments of our TV networks.

I’m pretty sure that Prime7/GWN7 just run Seven’s general programming promos for the most part. Southern Cross do their own though IIRC.

Prime7 & GWN7 run Seven’s promos; they rebranded years ago from Prime & GWN to Prime7 & GWN7 so they could run Seven’s promos unaltered.
And yes, Southern Cross have their own versions of Seven’s promos, which just seem to be replacing the 7 logo with their star logo and dropping the “on 7” voiceover bit.

1 Like

The person in question is the On-Air Promotions Manager at Seven. His profile says that he manages a team of 50 staff around Australia who produce those 800 promos.

3 Likes

Going from the new style promos with the colourful sliders we saw last week, could there be a chance of a On-Air Presentation refresh next month, as the season of Better Homes & Gardens is premiering this Friday, Feb 3rd? I like the new style, it kinda reminds me of the colourful elements from the 2000-2001 version 1 of the ‘The One To Watch’ era, and the ‘GottaLove’ multicoloured chevrons ident from last year, only seen on Prime7 and GWN7. As a new 'We Just Love The Footy" did debut last week as well (though I haven’t seen it yet), I hope a refresh is coming.

It’s nice how often Seven has been refreshing its On-Air Presentation recently, unlike another main network with double digits, that is long overdue for one! :expressionless: I hope something is happening for Ten soon as well. :blush::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Think if they were going to do a refresh, it would’ve been yesterday or today.

2 Likes

Looks like Seven no longer air the distributors logo/theme at the start of movies (e.g.) Universal

Anyone else picked-up on this recently?

I dislike it tbh (even though it’s petty), always a classic feature at the start of any film!

2 Likes

Seven have a sport (NFL themed) sponsor billboard.

A movie is sponsoring their coverage? :disappointed:

Why does that make you disappointed?

NB/ what was the classification on that movie?

3 Likes

Yes, it was classified “D”… For disappointment.