Seven On-Air Presentation

Playout error in Brisbane - promo/up next for The Voice seen at 10 minutes before midnight after the final had aired.

4 Likes

Why so early? Didn’t it just start?

1 Like

It was filler content ahead of the Winter Olympics taking over the schedule

3 Likes

Full series promo

6 Likes

Minor observation:

Main channel classification warning’s consumer advice was in CAPITALS (as it used to be pre-mid 2020 relaunch) at the beginning of SAS. Not suggesting a presentation refresh, but wonder if there’ll be some tweaked and/or returned elements on the network coinciding with the launch of the show tonight? Or more likely could just be a one-off error.

A sport promo with bonus advert.

3 Likes

Ah yes, because nothing says “sport” like a fleur-de-lis :joy:

3 Likes

Idiotic design.

1 Like

They’re really going all out to target the over 65 market. First DWTS and now graphics that resemble wallpaper my grandmother had in 1977.

11 Likes

I’m guessing it’s trying to capture the more “prestigious” side of horse racing. I don’t think it’s too bad considering it’s obviously meant to tie into horse racing.

5 Likes

Massive Monday promo (AFL markets).

5 Likes

What’s with that new V/O too? Heard him last week for an AFL promo as well. And there’s also another one who did an AFL intro package last weekend (sounded like Blue Heelers star Ditch Davey who is currently doing motor vehicle ads and recently starred in H&A)?

1 Like

Something caught my eye this morning on 7mate, the old 7mate logo was half covering the current 7mate watermark. Was going to take a picture of it but it disappeared before I had time. It was probably there for half a minute.

3 Likes

Only mentioning this because it’s unique / haven’t seen it as such before

Seven made two completely different 7flix promos for the same movie franchise airing within 24 hours of each other: One for the franchise “over 3 nights” with a “starts Friday 8:30pm”. Then another specifically for “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, 9pm Saturday”.

Wouldn’t you just use the first and edit the end-tag come Saturday and then Sunday? Could be confusing to viewers promoting the 2nd one so far out. They must’ve had a promo gap to fill. I think the Friday night movie is rested this week, at least in some markets, for Voice encores. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

It would have been done for a sponsorship. That would be why. They have purchased a package sponsorship for the series of films

3 Likes

But they can’t make special Qld promos for sport during daylight saving.

It’s nice to hear a different VO guy doing the promo for this Monday.
I thought it was Ditch Davey, but it’s not.

Freeview commercial/promo

4 Likes

I’m guessing that Seven have not got any plans to drop the prime branding from Prime7.

They could be in a transition phase. I understand the Prime Media business still exists.

1 Like