Seven On-Air Presentation

6 Likes

Play-out error (at least in Melbourne) on 7mateHD (LCN 74) tonight, with this pop-up appearing and suddenly freezing (before it has fully transitioned) for about 15sec at exactly 7min past / 23min to the hour 3 times in a row so far (including when the episode’s beyond started or even over):

3 Likes

Here’s the 7mate 7:30pm program opener-bumper (saw 7flix did one too, Channel 7 have one and presume 7Two also have one)

The 7mate one is animated slightly differently to the others.

6 Likes

They didn’t play it between episodes though. They need to play it every time.

2 Likes

Sponsored BHG promo

6 Likes

Video of the IDs:

25 Likes

Now that’s what needed! Memorable mnemonic before shows to reinforce your brand between shows. It works for Netflix to the point that it’s become a meme. Glad the ident has been brought back.

12 Likes

Very nicely done and LONG overdue on Australian TV. Exactly what is needed. These should play in commercial breaks too.

My only concerns is they are so Netflix-esque people will brand them as rip offs

And the melody is so completely uninspired

7 Likes

I really like these. I’d love to see a white version in place of the black.

It’s interesting that since the relaunch or the branding they have pretty well ditched the “flat” colours and introduced the gloss/lens flare across a lot of the branding again…

1 Like

Those are nice! Well done Seven.

4 Likes

Looks amazing if not for the logos, gives a very strong Event Cinemas vibe.

It’s a shame the melody wasn’t taken from something that already existed, it doesn’t say “Seven” at all.

1 Like

Agreed. Surely there’s plenty of examples in the archive that they could have drawn on to evoke a sense of nostalgia or familiarity.

Hell, even the “seven productions” production ender tune would’ve at least been familiar.

5 Likes

Looks surprisingly good.

Nice to see them go for a minimalist design rather than 3D, gloss and lens flares overload (granted there’s still some of it but not a big problem).

I disagree. I think it’s nice, simple and effective! If they stick with it, it will gain momentum and say 7. Fresh is not a bad thing.

It didn’t take long for Maccas, Telstra, Commbank, etc, etc, to establish their music trills. I think this can be very similar.

1 Like

Not the first time they’ve used that melody.

While these are fine graphically, the musical logo is a bit weak for something which should be a centrepiece of the Seven Network brand IMO.

3 Likes

I’ve had a go to see how this would sound with the production enders…

2 Likes

7two one sounds like a remade Xbox intro sound

End of this promo has the same three-note sting as the IDs above.

7 Likes

There’s a Prime7 version too. Must have been produced for them by Seven as it wasn’t a complete disaster.

4 Likes