Seven On-Air Presentation

I wasn’t the original comment on that, just added my thoughts.

Was mainly agreeing, due to (in this example) the next looks mis-aligned. Also they’re a bit bland I guess, not as creative as other networks, even 10’s looked better a decade ago.

I do however like Seven’s PRG in terms of the 2nd line promos.

I think these are the best on television mostly because they are the least intrusive. I hate the ones in solid boxes.

2 Likes

The new SBS ones might rival them there.

1 Like

I wasn’t being specific. The standard Now PRGs are fine. It’s the promo graphics (i.e MRK 8.30 Monday) which seem to be getting bigger on screen. Not sure if anyone has a screen grab of what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Again, why does Seven use “new” in the promo for the movie “Fury”? It aint :thinking:

Did the same for “Predator” last week. Both these films have previously aired and on Seven…

4 Likes
2 Likes

Seven had a 5sec notice (full screen promo with V/O) in Melbourne as soon as Seven News finished, saying tonight the AFL starts now and Home and Away starts now over on 7Two.

And about 5min into the AFL telecast, a pop-up graphic saying “switch now to 7Two” for Home and Away,

I believe the same was done around 7:30pm for “Better Homes: Gardens of the World”.

Edit
@TV.Cynic @Abesty @WAtvVideos look out for Brisbane, Sydney, Perth versions

Oh no, the “:heart: of 7 is Melb” ads are back again!

2 Likes

The :heart:7 Melbourne ident has been modified with new scenes.

Also, the AFL themed sponsor billboard is back to the 2012(?)-2017 style. They had a different one last year with a different background.

3 Likes

Haha LOL we both commented the same thing at the same time :joy:

1 Like

The scoreboard watermark during ads ‘glows’ (like a flash) when the score is updated.

3 Likes

Seven seem to have abandoned the “tom” and “ton” abbreviations last year in promos…

But sadly they returned in the PRGs :pensive:

1 Like

Yuck. Hate those so much.

1 Like

Just saw an interesting production closer at the end of a repeat of The Great Outdoors on 7TWO. It had the ‘Seven Productions’ audio but it had a Seven logo by itself on a grey background.

3 Likes

Are other markets getting those cringe :heart:of 7 is Melb idents, like last year?

They’ve been airing during AFL ads in recent weeks

I’ve seen that before too, sounds like more a Seven ‘presentation’ (rather than production) closer. Even though that makes no sense.

1 Like

Probably just covering up the old production closer.they do that from time to time.

3 Likes

Still on the masters of lots of shows from 2000s on 7Plus though

Yeah I’ve seen the odd every now and then. Sometimes one episode of a certain series will use this and then another from the same series will use the full Seven Productions one.

(from 7plus)

5 Likes

40 and 60 second versions of the ID in Melbourne:

5 Likes

Well done.

Hadn’t seen the 1min version yet.

But there is also definitely a third version as well (a short 15-20sec one) that was being used during AFL breaks, which omits a lot of the non-News/AFL programs expect Joh Griggs’s paint splash and the first second has an audio over-lap of the people saying “the heart of Seven is Melb” x the start of the “in my soul” song.

Mostly the same programs/personalities featured as last year, but just updated. However, notable absenses are Bruce McAvaney (not sure why - he got the final spot previously standing with binoculars in the MCG tv studio) and of course Jennifer Keyte (who was eventually removed when last year’s were still running).

1 Like

The cringe factor on those is off the bloody charts

3 Likes