Seven On-Air Presentation 2003-04

The Big Bite - the show that gave us Chris Lilley and Andrew O’Keefe.

2 Likes

Caps from Seven Perth - Monday 2/6/2003

Ident featuring Effie:

Available in Widescreen Digital:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Sixth Sense “first time in HD” promo

4 Likes

…which of course, was/is a character played by Mary Coustas.

Although this airing might not have been in “actual” HD, because it’s to my understanding that Seven only ran LCN 70 in 576p back then!

2 Likes

I believe that when they would do repeats of Billy Connolly’s WTOA, they’d be edited down.

Caps from Seven Sydney - Sunday 9/2/2003

Wonderful World of Disney Opener:

A Bug’s Life comp:

A Bug’s Life Movie Break Bumpers:

PRG/Watermark:

Promo Endtags:

8 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Seven’s noughty problems

Taken on September 27 2004

The short-lived grunge era

Video courtesy YouTube/TrickyMario7654

4 Likes

Please tell me this is a fake show? Seven should’ve lost the year just for programming this shit.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that was just another typical report from Today Tonight!

10 Likes

I’m an idiot, of course it is. It looked like an official end-tag at first, don’t you reckon?

1 Like

It’s a promo from Today Tonight!

2 Likes

I think I do remember that report!

Sadly, these type of stories continue to appear on Seven News Sydney, today. If only Jason Morrison could cut these stories out of the present bulletin, they’d at least be competitive against Nine News.

1 Like

Something something Nine News Brisbane

3 Likes

No way! Eternity ago. TT with Naomi Robson fan I take it?

2 Likes

Admittedly I was a fan of TT during the Naomi Robson says, but like many here I don’t think it was the same after she left in 2006.

But in saying that, I still enjoyed the Anna Coren period between 2007-08.

5 Likes

Only remember her saying “I’m Anna Coren, bye for now” each night after the last ad break and a weather map/music before Home and Away (when I used to watch H&A in its early-mid dominant days).

3 Likes

Her sign-off was significantly different to that of Naomi Robson’s more-formal “I hope you have a great evening, please take care and goodnight”. I guess Coren had a more-relaxed style of presenting whereas Robson was more serious and formal (which IMO was what made Today Tonight a late-blooming ratings success towards the end of her run).

1 Like

Taken on 27 July 2003

Video credit YouTube/The Guy With Games.

Night when Nathan Cochrane won $515,000 on Deal or No Deal.

6 Likes

That was actually on 20 July 2003 - the show’s second ever episode.

The Mole in Paradise premiered on 27 July 2003.

2 Likes

The IDs for Lucky 7 featuring various network stars in 2003-04, the promos shown, along with promo endtags as well as idents in between commercials.

Also in 2004, Seven promos for Feeling Good, Stars and on now idents had a few scenes of Lucky Number 7 featuring Home and Away stars alongside other shows.

You said all the memories for blast of the past decades.

1 Like