Seven On-Air Presentation 2003-04

I think the Sport Opener/Closer was one of the few elements from that package (along with the Production Endtag) which managed to remain in use for many years?

1 Like

Yeah, the production endtag stuck around for what - 7 or 8 years? Honestly don’t know how long the sports endtag lasted though.

1 Like

Actually, it can’t have been too long. They did another one which I think is what you’re referring to:

Sports Endtag - Updated Version

11 Likes

Ahh, that must’ve been the one I remember - probably used until the first “Live And Free” Seven Sport graphics package launched…which I think was in 2011 or 2012?

3 Likes

Ident - Generic #2

7 Likes

Instrumental version of the ‘Lucky 7’ ident music:

5 Likes

This endtag was used until 2012

1 Like

Summer Launch Promo with what looks to be the ‘grunge’ look sneaking in:

8 Likes

The 2nd half of 2003 saw 7 replaced “The One to Watch” mid July with “See things Differently” and “Lucky 7” (from September) as their slogans.

The current logo was launched on 14 September 2003 with a full relaunch and the “Lucky 7” slogan.

What time did 7 relaunched with the new logo?!?

1 Like

Lucky 7 ident from 2003

1 Like

I see, so Grunge didn’t launch for over a year after Spankin’ New Summer. Thanks for the info. Didn’t realise how many different looks Seven had during this era.

1 Like

I thought the “Brand Spankin’ New Summer” was used over the Summer of 2003-04, with the Grunge look launching in Early 2004 (possibly around the start of the ratings year).

“See things differently” (or a similar phrase) was used in the “Another Point of View” Idents before the mid-year change which saw the removal of “The One to Watch” and a white background for the ID endtags, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Yep. It was a white background instead of black.

2 Likes

@SydneyCityTV That sounds more like it. I got the summers mixed up. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

That one really is a shocker. The song, the awkward lucky seven hand gestures…

2 Likes

The continuity back then was so good :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Tammin with the sex appeal.

1 Like

Taken from channel 7 Melbourne in Aug 29 2003

Ident

Sponsor billboard

PRG

End tags

6 Likes

2003-04 was a dark period for Seven, and this is mostly because they did not have the AFL.

However, the resurgence of Sunrise (whose male co-presenter David Koch and original newsreader Natalie Barr remain to this day) was a highlight.

2 Likes

Taken off Channel 7 (26 Feb 2004)

Wheel of Fortune Ident. Rob Elliott left This show and was replaced by Steve Oemcke as host of the game show.

4 Likes