Seven News/Sunrise Mocks

What’s with the double watermarks?

1 Like

Just to try something new.

Eh, a bit unnecessary. And fairly small. But in general, great job for your first mock :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks!

I did want to have them bigger, but above all I wanted them to be in line with the time and ticker.

2 Likes

Haven’t done one of these in a while. Here I have changed the panel to gray colour, changed the ticker background to black and used the Gill Sans MT font, like Seven News did in variants between 2002-06.

Original pic credit - @Abesty

5 Likes

Dual-presenter panels.

Pic credit - @Abesty

5 Likes

My mock for Seven Gold Coast News, which includes a ticker with specific Gold Coast headlines (e.g. MATT ROWELL RESIGNS WITH GOLD COAST SUNS, SURFER INJURED IN SHARK ATTACK OFF SURFERS PARADISE, etc.). It would also say “COMING UP IN 7NEWS AT 6: [major Brisbane story]/[major international story]/etc.”

Underneath the 7NEWS.com.au logo it says GOLD COAST and there will be a weather flipper for locations such as Surfers Paradise, Beenleigh, Burleigh Heads, Palm Beach, Miami, Coollangatta etc.

4 Likes

Nice @Avatar5991, but grey doesn’t suit the theme. Also how would “breaking news” show? Overall nice work.

3 Likes

A reporting super as would be seen on Seven News Melbourne. An improvement on my previous post, with white panels as opposed to the grey panels.

6 Likes

On a side note - that’s quite a funny line in the ticker down below!

4 Likes

Person super.

The end part of the ticker says MIRROR

5 Likes

Haha McGowan!

2 Likes

Breaking News supers. In this case, the ticker is red and the time/time zone is in the same line as the LIVE super.

4 Likes

How would we know if it’s Breaking News? No text to tell us

1 Like

It would flip with the Seven News logo.

2 Likes

Show us then.

What do you use to make your mocks?

1 Like

As simple as this might sound - Microsoft Paint.

3 Likes

I would recommend you give Paint.net (website is getpaint.net) a go.
It’s free and offers heaps more flexibility with layers etc

3 Likes

Gold Coast reporter super. This one has [REPORTER] Reporting and then the reporter’s Twitter handle on the second line.

I have also included a local weather flipper and headlines.

5 Likes