Seven News Spotlight

Of course this special would prompt further claims, sometimes it’s the encouragement people need to break their silence.

I think it is important we are still able to hear from Craig. Whether he is innocent or guilty he’s entitled to tell his story.

2 Likes

Do we know who the interviewer is?

My guess is Denham Hitchcock or Michael Usher.

And here come all the accusations left, right and centre

Actress Virginia Gay tweeted this afternoon, urging people to boycott the Craig McLachlan special.

2 Likes

I really wish Big Brother was on and not this shit

2 Likes

Graig McLachlan is free to start his own website with a video blog where he goes on long rants about whatever has crossed his mind today. He shouldn’t be on Channel 7 tonight.

Honestly, who cares about these people breaking their silence? Next thing they’ll have Ben Roberts-Smith having a ‘tell-all interview’ that tells us about nothing useful.

1 Like

Whether Craig is innocent or guilty, that’s irrelevant. He is still allowed to tell his side of the story.

4 Likes

That’s why I said he can create his own website. Nothing stopping him doing that.

1 Like

I wonder if 7 went to him (With cash) or vice versa

1 Like

This interview will rate through the roof. I don’t think McLachlan is helping himself by releasing those video diaries. It will probably damage his reputation further and he’ll probably lose some support from those who took his side during the court case. Everyone will have an opinion and want to be involved in the conversation tomorrow.

4 Likes

I’ll just be watching the short highlights on Twitter. It will be typical Seven News garbage.

2 Likes

I will be watching it. And I know others who will

Like rain on your wedding day…

3 Likes

The credibility of this will rely entirely on the interviewer. If this is just a 60-minute chat trying to make us feel sorry for him, as the promos are teasing, it won’t sit well- especially as fresh allegations surface.

4 Likes

I saw it advertised by 7 online as a “documentary” rather than in “interview”. I am not sure what format this will take to be honest.

1 Like

That pretty much sums up why 7 is even airing this. His on his own in regards to any backlash. Careful questioning by the interviewer will probably distance 7 from clearly looking like it’s going to take either side.

At least Seven got the opening right. :wink:

2 Likes

Any guesses as to who the interviewer we can hear but can’t see is?