Seven News Spotlight

Mark Llewellyn according to the super at the start.

Not sure the slow, breathy narration is appropriate.

2 Likes

Can we expect a “correcting the record” from the ABC tomorrow?

We’ll see. But one thing for sure, is that footage will be used in Craig’s defamation case against them. Because it would have been part of the discovery stage of the proceedings.

Interesting that Seven chose not to have any of their talent as a face to this show. All questioning by unseen producer.

4 Likes

Who is doing the narrating because the lady’s voiceover sounds familiar.

By getting a producer in Mark to conduct the interview it definitely is a due diligence thing, reduce the number involved in the doco, in case they are subsequently sued etc.

I’m actually finding this quite interesting viewing.

3 Likes

There’s also been parts of tonight’s special which seem to preview the arguments/evidence that Craig’s lawyers will be making/putting forth in said defamation case

1 Like

No credits on tonight’s show.

Next week

1 Like

Craig McLachlan posted a thank you to his fans on Instagram last night. All of the comments I read were supportive of McLachlan - I didn’t see a negative comment.

3 Likes

that’s on at 6pm everynight.

3 Likes

To me it felt like they were trying to make it a one sided pro-Craig show, but all those extreme closeups and bad editing just made him look like more of a creep and really exposed his bad acting.

It wasn’t an acting role.

Someone should have told Craig.

The problem is that he hasn’t been able to give his side of the story whereas the accusers had their story told on the ABC.

Agree about the editing, and some of the things mentioned in the show weren’t really necessary. Probably could’ve fitted it into an hour rather than 90 minutes.

1 Like

that article loses all credibility after:

The special titled Horror Story which ran last night was a well-produced piece of television which showed both sides of the story.

from what i’ve seen both sides of the argument are unified on the opinion that last nights show was garbage.

Exactly. But that doesn’t mean that Channel 7 had to pay him and broadcast an interview with him. McLachlan can take a milk crate down to The Domain in Sydney on Sunday afternoon and rant his heart out to whomever is wandering by, or as I wrote yesterday he can set up his own website.

I don’t understand why we want to silence people?

I’m not disputing the fact he’s eccentric and perhaps a bit of a creep. But he wasn’t convicted.

I don’t know him personally and therefore I’m not one to judge, I leave that up to the actual judge.

And as such now that he has not been found guilty, there comes a time where his story should be told.

Evidently that story did not do his image many favours - so I’m struggling to see the issue here. If his accusers want the world to see him for what he really is - there’s 90 minutes of prime time television that does just that.

3 Likes