Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

And besides the fact Walgett is totally outside their broadcasting region as well.

Both the old CWN6 and NEN9 could be received in Walgett so not quite out of the zone. I’d say the digital signals would only just get into Walgett these days.

I’m sure local viewers would still have found the item interesting.

1 Like

those with VAST dishes would be able to get the Prime7 Central West bulletin on the regional news channel. Walgett only gets ABC and SBS on their local transmitter, if viewers wanted commercial TV they would have to get VAST.

1 Like

Walgett’s terrestrial TV is served from two sites. A BA site running ABC and SBS, and an Imparja site across the road running Imparja, Seven Central and CDT transcoded from VAST. When I worked for SCA, this Imparja site was one we had telemetry and monitoring responsibilities over for all commercial services.

So they do get commercial TV terrestrially but not Seven Regional, and not the VAST news channels, so you’re right that they’d need a dish to receive the Seven Regional Central West bulletin.

4 Likes

And they would only be eligible for VAST if they can’t get the terrestrial retransmission?

Also 7 North West would be slightly more relevant to Walgett than 7 Central West.

2 Likes

Yep.

Very good point!

2 Likes

According to the guide, 7News Regional/Prime7 News will be off until Wednesday 28 December, with 7 News Sydney being broadcast today and tomorrow.

2 Likes

As is usual on public holidays correct?

I believe so.

1 Like

Already found out last Saturday when regional WA uploaded their bulletin on YT from Friday.

1 Like

Yes, that is to compensate Christmas Day, which fell on a weekend.

1 Like

Yes I’m aware :smile:

7 News Sydney is being shown nation-wide?

no, i think he meant Sydney news causes he’s in NSW. i think it will be each state capitals news

1 Like

No, it is only being broadcast in Seven Regional areas. 7QLD are in the same boat according to online guides with Seven News Brisbane airing yesterday and today, and Seven News (insert region name) returning tomorrow.

4 Likes

Two of Seven News Regional’s Canberra-based reporters are currently filing stories for the local bulletins - Lillie Hull on the Central West bulletin, while Nick Overall (son of Nationals MP Nichole Overall and former Queanbeyan Mayor Tim Overall) is currently filing stories in Port Macquarie for the Coast bulletin while Samantha Crowe is on holidays.

1 Like

I notice the videos posted online still don’t have any supers. Obviously working with the same processes one year on.

1 Like

The caps that get posted to social media don’t and the lack of information about speakers is really frustrating

1 Like

Local news being done in the green screen studio tonight, yesterday was the normal studio

4 Likes