Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

It is good that it is properly angled but I think it would be better just giving Seven Regional the 7QLD graphics. No offence but it looks worse than the previous graphics.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. Good that the angles are fixed to match the rest of the package, but now it’s just too big. RQLD’s would be perfect.

2 Likes

I would also like the current “generic regional town” backdrop to be turned white to match with the national city background the national bulletins have. The current one doesn’t fit in with the package. Having that, the RQLD OTS and the same graphics as the rest of the country would make it look much better.

I wonder however when Seven News Regional will become HD? They have won the unfortunate prize of being the last bulletin in the country to upgrade to HD. Saying “it’s too expensive” is no excuse, as everyone else has upgraded to HD.

2 Likes

I assume this change will mean the OTS matches the Regional WA backdrop?

1 Like

Regional WA OTS Changes

9 Likes

Central West bulletin:

2 Likes

Not a fan of the Quantel being on the left…

2 Likes

Oh the non consistency is killing me!!! Once again Seven Regional is destroying the graphics package

1 Like

Calm down, they’re doing their best with the tools they have.

Wouldn’t be surprised if 7Regional have different systems to the network, so not everything is as simple as sending the files over and clicking a few buttons.

9 Likes

Fair yeah you are right man I was pretty harsh

2 Likes

Don’t forget it used to be called prime so those stations cannot be expected to have the same sort of graphics that 7 Queensland would have despite being owned by 7 west media

2 Likes

Yeah its just a shame imo you would think they would as a company use the same graphics like virtually every other non broadcasting business would do

There will be a lot of things within what was Prime that won’t nicely interface with what Seven have across the rest of their stations - it will likely take some time to resolve them too.

The current graphics are likely to be a stop-gap while Seven works out what they want to do with the news broadcasts (ie, will they stay in Canberra or move to Everleigh or somewhere else) as a whole, especially if its going to be costly exercise.

13 Likes

I think they do a pretty good job with graphics considering some of the shit they’ve designed on the same system in the past.

7 Likes

North Coast bulletin with Kirstie:

1 Like

I agree.
I’ve just scrolled through the video uploaded above and I thought the graphics were great.
The only thing I think they should get rid of is the scrolling ticker at the bottom.

1 Like

Newcastle/Central Coast updates:

1 Like

Canberra Facility is pretty old tech wise, I know alot of 7 shoot in SD but all the studios in 7 Metro would be HD surely. Maybe 7 are waiting to move regional NSW to the new facilites in Sydney, why upgrade now when a move could happen. Just also is the NSW regional bulletins including the 630 national the only ones with the former Prime news set which is out dated and out of step (brand wise) with all the other 7 metro and Qld regional news bulletins?

2 Likes

There was a live cross on the Central West bulletin tonight, with Sydney reporter Bill Hogan

2 Likes

It was prerecorded as a look-live, as they cannot do the bulletin live because of 7NEWS Coast being LIVE.

2 Likes