Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Intresting to see them use the normal weather maps for the national outlook. Can’t they for regional areas?

It is easier for them to do this until they inevitably redo the regional maps.

1 Like

I know they’re going for localism, but those local images on the front of the desk don’t look great imo.

Would rather just the logo with the region name to look a bit cleaner.

Would be even better if 7 out a little money in and do some updates to the set.

1 Like

So it is indeed just another step to the full integration. Thanks.

Seems like there’s some downlink issues between Canberra and TBS, since the Sport sponsor and weather opener filler look pretty clear. The 6.30 news was like having poor quality output that night.

Part of the problem was poor reception at times on my end, unfortunately.

1 Like

The Former Prime7 Instagram page has now been renamed 7newsregional

I hate the REPORTS on the supers. And the story description is so unnecessary.

3 Likes

Seems that they have now changed it to the black varriant instead of red

2 Likes

Also i note that the Gold Coast, regional Queensland, regional NSW, and regional WA are now grouped under the regional news

3 Likes

Re: (The) New England - what have I started? :rofl:

I don’t want to change the world, I’m not looking for a New England….

5 Likes

where was that noted out of interest? thanks!

Size is also now the same was metro, although the 2D remains.

Good. Making PRIME/GWN bulletins regional but the others not is strange and inconsistent . Having 7QLD/Gold Coast in as well makes it complete.

National bulletins, Flashpoint, Sunrise, The Morning Show and Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Adelaide/Perth are now under a category named “Metro News”.

1 Like

In the 7plus app in the news section

1 Like

Regional Victoria are ready for their own 7news.

3 Likes

I hope it does happen soon. The regions that don’t have 7News only have WIN, which is terrible, one of the worst bulletins in Regional Australia. It is very bland and is a cut and paste job. Wollongong is also in the same boat. It is time for things to change.

I doubt Madelaine Collignon would anchor though. Add up the current bulletins, plus 6 more and that is 11 bulletins a day for her. So they would need to get someone else to do bulletins for Bendigo, Ballarat and Gippsland.

The person who I would get for Regional VIC bulletins is Bruce Roberts. He is already well known in Regional Victoria, presenting bulletins since 2009 when Denis Walter left, in which he had been doing bulletins since aggregation began in Victoria. So Bruce would be a good poach.

1 Like

Canberra, Wollongong and Newcastle Should also get a bulletin as well. They only had a win/NBN local news.

1 Like

I heard Prime Possum a good Candidate for the News readers role for Victoria :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Newcastle maybe.
Canberra, Wollongong and regional Victoria very doubtful.
Seven still focused on the move to Eveleigh at moment.
If anything new happens, most likely sometime next year after Eveleigh comes on line.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s no capacity at Martin Place for another bulletin.

Newcastle is the most likely to start first. Just so Seven can try to piss on Nine.

2 Likes