Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Not a fan of the 7 News logo in front of scenic backgrounds. Should just stick to the standard white background.

5 Likes

Think about if they did something like the ABC where they named it New England North West.

That’ll be a mouthful!

The background doesn’t look real.

Can’t blame Canberra’s separate production. They managed to play the 7News website endtag, but not the actual updates opener seen across metro. Not sure if 7QLD doesn’t do openings for updates like that.

I just looked at 7plus and was surprised to discover that the 7 news from regional Queensland was not grouped together with the 7 news in regional NSW. Shouldn’t the regional news be grouped together from regional Queensland and NSW in the regional news section?

2 Likes

Is it just me, or should the Border and Regional WA bulletins change the closer script? Yeah, they kept saying “Seven News from Melbourne/Perth is next” on that part, which is plausible, but if a Seven News metro/RQLD staff manages them, they would instead say something like “Melbourne’s News” and “the news from Perth” to introduce the national bulletins on weeknights.

1 Like

It’s all a bit too much isn’t it…?

They need to separate it into 3 sections

National News (Early News, Sunrise, The Latest, Spotlight)
Metro News (Syd, Melb, Bris, Per, Ade)
Regional News (QLD, NSW, WA bulletins)

3 Likes

You’d think they’d make the home page specific to each user by their location, so just show the relevant region(s) and associated metro with you having to dig a bit deeper into a sub menu to find the others. That just looks messy, especially with the same logo basically repeated numerous times.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s their way of making them ‘same but different’. They’re not ready to be part of the wider 7 News stable until certain things are centralised? I’m just guessing here because I’m surprised at how sloppily they’ve done the switch in general. The thumbs, the descriptions, the name in the EPG, all different to the norm.

Agreed. Something along the lines of “7 News continues with Rick & Sue from Perth next, But from our team, Goodnight Western Australia.” would sound better.

13 Likes

As for the NSW-VIC Border market, that line won’t work, since editions are pre-recorded; meaning, they won’t know who’s presenting the Melbourne, if any presenter changes happen between the end of recording the local weather segment and 7News starting in Melbourne at 6.

7Qld doesn’t have an open for updates. Just opens on the presenter.

They need to let the transition finish. Right now it cuts off.

1 Like

Has anyone recorded Albury playout from 6.30?

New desk screen graphics:

National news headlines with new logo, during local bulletin:

8 Likes

I prefer those regional title cards where the logo is over the skyline shot, not just on white like the metros do.

4 Likes

I personally think the background should be a white or a clearer more photographic more fitting background that fits all in regional areas with the 7 news logo similar to the 7 news metro bulletins. Or at least make it look more similar to the one on the Sunshine Coast.

The update opener comes from master control/playout, not from production control. Same applies to introducing weather and sport, recently. All these three are used when no sponsor occurs in a specific market.

I’d love to see the montage of the 6.30 news under the 7 News name, or maybe we let @Abesty do the work for us, I guess. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s the black ‘NEWS’ over the dark imagery that kills it for me. If they changed them to white they’d look so much better, especially on the desks. The images themselves are fantastic

1 Like

yup agreed!