Seven News (Regional Qld)

How often are those city video loops re-recorded?

I’ve noticed on 7 News Mackay that the city view is a dull, overcast looking day on each and every night the bulletin is broadcast. Looks pretty dodgy on a sunny day

1 Like

I’ve looked back at past broadcasts and the shot is the same, my bad. Something about it seemed different but must just still be me getting used to the fact that it’s not a faded projector anymore.

Never paid a particularly big amount of attention to it but I always thought it was a live shot because I regularly drive past the hotel where the background is filmed from and there’s something that looks like a camera on the roof, but chances are it was just filmed from the balcony of one of the top floor apartments.

7 News North QLD tonight didn’t say “LIVE” during the opener, however there was a cross first up in the bulletin which had the LIVE bug appear in the top left.

I wonder whether it was actually live, or whether they’re pretending to be live.

EDIT: Bulletin definitely seemed live.

Did the teaser feature proper wipe transitions between stories?

Townsville was definitely live last night. (Monday4th)

1 Like

Last night’s Townsville bulletin in full

7 News live into North QLD again tonight with live crosses, excellent to see Seven continuing to broadcast live each night during this disaster

3 Likes

What a great regional bulletin

1 Like

And again tonight by the looks of things, great job channel 7.

1 Like

1 Like

With the news from TV Blackbox that Nine have reportedly axed their local services for the Mackay & Darling Downs, I wonder how long it’ll be until Seven goes all out with a massive “The only news service which covers ALL of Queensland” promotional push?

7 Likes

Trim the Local Bulletins And Merge Two or Three Of Them into a Multi Regional Bulletin.

1 Like

I think they are more likely to stick to more locally based promos and besides, no-one really covers Mt Isa :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s true, but since when has that stopped TV networks from making highly dubious promotional claims?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mt Isa is a remote (Imparja/SC7 Central) area is it not?

Yes, it is.

Why?

Team B tonight. Another promo shoot?

Who was the guy presenting tonight?

Never seen him before, I’ve only ever seen Rob or Joanne in recent times (I don’t watch too often).

That’s Steve Titmus. He often fills in for Rob when he goes away for extended periods