Seven News (Regional Qld)

I noticed that the Regional 7 bulletins have been displaying promos for 7 News Brisbane. Is that Normal for those areas?

Yes - an abridged Brisbane bulletin is seen at 6.30pm (and on weekends)

2 Likes

RQLD gets 1/2hr fully local bulletins at 6pm, followed by a shortened 1/2hr cut of the Brisbane bulletin at 6:30pm.

2 Likes

An “abridged” Brisbane bulletin has been shown in 7 Queensland markets for some time now, the weekend bulletins are not “abridged” they are shown in their entirety.

1 Like

06 and 07/09/2018:
Katie Toney is filling in for Joanne Desmond.

vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h02m59s708

2 Likes

vlcsnap-2018-09-14-18h25m01s460

vlcsnap-2018-09-14-18h25m15s749

Video:

2 Likes

Can someone explain why we need to be told that “Katie Toney is filling in for Joanne Desmond” or “Rob Brough is reading all markets solo tonight.” Surely viewers can see this for themselves?: :slight_smile:

Except many of us here don’t live in RQLD and would probably like to know who’s presenting in RQLD (and before you say, yes we know there’s 7Plus, but it doesn’t mean that everyone goes on just to watch Seven News RQLD)?

8 Likes

You must be new here

9 Likes

Well this is especially important because we get full Broughie in all markets. We must spread the good news and tell everyone of this scenario. Now of course the best thing would be if the sports dude and Livio were sick because that would be MAX BROUGHIE and that day is the day the Heaven’s will open up!

5 Likes

blessful wink

3 Likes

… mind-sentence pause … raise eyebrow …

3 Likes

There’s probably something I’m missing here, but what’s with this forum’s Rob Brough obsession?

As someone who’s never had the opportunity to actually watch terrestrial TV in the Seven Regional QLD viewing area I’ve obviously only seen Brough’s newsreading through online streaming and clips posted on YouTube, but personally think his presenting style is somewhat over cheery even by regional news standards.

1 Like

You… must be… new… here

12 Likes
5 Likes

His… scattereddialectand… unusual delivery makes onewonderhow… he hassss ssssstayed as anewsreader forsolong.

He also ticks many boxes, like;

• Only newsreader with a head cold his entire career
  • Only newsreader with a constant head tilt, due to said cold
  • Only newsreader that resembles an ice cream mascot
  • Only newsreader with an '80s perm
  • Only newsreader that winks at the viewer like he’s at the foot of their bed in the middle of the night
17 Likes

Only current newsreader to also have hosted a just-before-primetime game show back in the day.

Speaking of which, his speaking and delivery ticks weren’t so noticeable back then, were they?

3 Likes

I mean Eddie has filled in for nine news before. Time to get Grant Denyer and AOK their own bulletin and it would be the saviour of FTA.

1 Like

Wasn’t Rob Brough a sports presenter on 9 News Brisbane before he hosted Family Feud?

2 Likes

Yes - with Bruce Paige also at the desk - what a team :heart_eyes:

4 Likes