Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Ok. It doesn’t look bad, but the picture just doesn’t look clear. I hope they fix lighting to make it clear. Will the regional areas of NSW, ACT and VIC get a similar background repressing the area in future?

I wonder if this is in preparation of Perth taking production control of the bulletin. With the Bunbury having the ability to change the backwall behind the presenter, anyone from Bunbury (Noel/Shauna) can fill in on a 7 Perth bulletin (similar to how things are done in Brisbane/Gold Coast).

2 Likes

I actually dont think its a screen, I think it may be a print or a lightbox. So it may be in preparation for the other way around, a perth presenter can do the regional news from Perth.

3 Likes

Is the 7News WA regional studios in Perth or Bunbury?

Bunbury

2 Likes

Wasn’t there talk a few years back about them moving to Perth?

I wonder if 7news WA and NSW regional uses a green screen like WIN does in Wollongong and 9 news regional when it existed?

Prime7 Canberra is just a huge curved print. Wonder if gwn7 is the same but backlit

2 Likes

Granted they did fix this one, but it shows Prime being fast ‘n’ loose with using “the” everywhere. Makes you wonder if “the New England” was a happy accident? Cap thanks to @SouthCoastTV

7 Likes

“The Regional WA” sounds wrong to me… should just be “Regional WA”.

5 Likes

Well, yeah, that’s why they fixed it. My point was they clearly just replaced the region name when making this series of promos. It was a mistake to leave “the” in this one. Who’s to say “the New England” wasn’t a mistake too, but they settled on it anyway. Still sounds weird to me.

Fixed version :point_down:

6 Likes

I don’t like the camels.

They are an icon of Broome, but I agree. I think a nice shot of the gorges in the Kimberley would have looked better.

Not very familiar with regional WA, so maybe it does resonate with regional viewers. But yeah maybe a landscape shot would be better.

Yep. People or animals on a news backdrop is kind of weird.

1 Like

They could do what they do in the Gold Coast and Regional WA currently and have a Canberra Bulletin at 5.30pm.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the only option if Seven News Sydney is rating well. I hope it happens in Regional Victoria too if we get local news bulletins as I’ll be able to watch the whole thing.

1 Like

With all the on-off talk about expanding regional news, a good question is what does everyone on Media Spy think would be the best way to do it?

• 7Regional model: Local news at 6pm, repackaged national/state news at 6:30
  • 7QLD model: Local news at 6pm, cut-down metro news at 6:30
  • Local news at 5:30, 6pm metro news untouched

0 voters

On the 7Regional model, instead of making a fully separate 6:30 bulletin for Victoria could they follow in the footsteps of Nine Regional and 10 News First and have Daniel Gibson pre-record state inserts with the national stories read live for both NSW and Victoria?

4 Likes

I would prefer local news at 6pm, metro news on 30 min delay at 6.30, but it shifts to 7two at 7pm for the last half hour. We see ‘channel changes’ all the time during sport, why not with news? It’s not confusing.

7 7two
6.00 7 News Local 5.30 Escape to the Country
6.30 7 News Metro 6.30 Bargain Hunt
7.00 Home & Away 7.00 7 News Metro (continued)

The benefits are

• Local news remains at the perfect time
  • Minimal effort with a simple delay of the metro bulletin
  • Seven’s flagship metro bulletin would still get exposure to regional audiences
  • Viewers can choose to watch the full hour if they wish.

Perhaps a slight remodelling of the metro bulletin to include a decent sports and weather wrap within the first half hour would be needed. But all in all, it has to be the most efficient and beneficial way to do this.

5 Likes

I like that approach, as I don’t watch Home and away. However, I don’t think Seven will implement it.