Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Friday: Angie Asmus is back from maternity leave and presenting weather on Sydney’s 4pm and 6pm news

14 Likes

Wow, that was a quick maternity leave. Didn’t see that coming!

Wonder if she’ll still do the 5pm news, or whether she wants to ease her way back in slowly and just do weather for now.

2 Likes

As she has returned today l think she will be on the 5pm bulletin this weekend, probably easing back into work 3 days a week for now.
At least Angela Cox can now have the weekends off.

5 Likes

I wonder if Angie Asimus’ return (along with Seven’s preference for Angela Cox) will result in Sally Bowrey getting less airtime for a while?

2 Likes

Don’t really see how, wouldn’t she just continue her usual roles before Angie went on ML?

• Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News on Fridays

• Weekend Sunrise News and Sport

• The Morning Show News Updates on a Friday

I doubt they’ll break up the band on Weekend Sunrise (well…apart from Simon), as Mon, Sally and Matt have great chemistry, and as long as they’re #1, they won’t want to risk that.

1 Like

Angie’s return only results in Sally not doing Sydney weather, she still has plenty of airtime over 3 days as @FootyKick has listed above .

1 Like

I definitely don’t think we will see any changes to Weekend Sunrise team.

3 Likes

Friday 25 September-

Andrew McCormack is presenting sport on Afternoon News in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Wonder who’ll do 6pm sport tonight then given Jacqui’s away and Sean Sowerby is seemingly away?

Could they call Tim Watson in on his day off? I doubt Andrew McCormack will be used on the 6pm bulletin.

Will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

@FootyKick It could be Andrew McCormack he has become a good presenter and it would be great to see him on the 6pm bulletin.

4 Likes

Has Andrew done 6pm sport before?

You’d think that Sean would be more likely since he was the weekend sport presenter for 4-5 years before Jacqui took over.

Anyways I may be surprised so will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

If Sean was going to do 6pm sport he would’ve been on the 4pm bulletin l would think.Maybe Friday is Sean’s day off cause he does work on weekends.

3 Likes

Friday 25 September-

Mike Amor is back presenting in Melbourne tonight.

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport in Melbourne filling in for Jacqui Felgate tonight.

10 Likes

Friday 25th September:

Mel McLaughlin presented sport in Sydney tonight.

Wonder what happened to Matt Carmichael, as he was there for the Morning News this morning, was he around for Sydney’s 4pm news or was Mel on at 4pm?

4 Likes

Angie Asimus is back presenting 5pm national bulletin from this weekend.

9 Likes

And Matt Carmichael is presenting sport on the 5pm news and Sydney’s 6pm news tonight.

7 Likes

5pm:

7 Likes

Saturday 26 September-

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport in Melbourne again tonight.

8 Likes

Nice to see Angie back on the 5pm news, she’s a great newsreader.

I assume now that going forward Angela Cox will be on a Monday to Thursday roster, doing The Morning Show News Updates on those days and then presenting The Latest on Mondays, and contributing to The Latest on the other nights.

IIRC Angie Asimus used to do a bit of reporting in Sydney during the week, but she might just want to ease her way slowly back into work, so she might just want to work Friday to Sunday for now, doing the 5pm news on weekends and weather on Fridays and Saturdays.

It might be a while before we see Angie on Sunrise as she’ll only appear if Eddy is not on hand to read the news when Nat is co-hosting or if Nat is away.

6 Likes

Melissa Doyle is on the front cover of Stellar magazine this week, in her first interview since leaving Seven last month. Mel is currently working on a seven-part audio documentary on women and ageing for Audible and will continue to work for Smooth and various charities.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/exclusive-mel-doyle-breaks-her-silence-on-leaving-seven-network/news-story/d06dac90c2f5b475c95a7bd380c6174b (paywall)

Summary of the article:

10 Likes