Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Correct, similar to how Mel McLaughlin presents Sydney’s 4pm sport from Monday to Thursday and Matt Shirvington on a Friday.

Although it seems to be a strange “Melbourne” thing, where the 6pm sport presenter never reads sport on the 4pm bulletin. As far as I can remember, Tim Watson has never presented sport on the afternoon bulletin. Whereas in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, the 6pm sport reader also reads sport at 4pm.

I don’t think that Jacqui has ever presented sport on Melbourne’s 4pm bulletin, she’s only ever read the news, so it will be interesting to see if she presents sport this afternoon, in addition to sport at 6pm.

2 Likes

Gemma posted about the latest unemployment figures on her Twitter this morning, so I don’t think she is leaving the network.

5 Likes

Could’ve just been her birthday yesterday.

5 Likes

Tim struggles to cope with reading sport on one bulletin! :joy:

5 Likes

Have to agree with this.

In an ideal world, I’d put Jacqui on weeknight sports and Tim Watson moves to the weekend team. But if Tim Watson didn’t want to do weekends, then Sean Sowerby could return to his former weekend position he held before being replaced by Jacqui.

3 Likes

I agree Jacqui would be better suited to being a full time sports presenter.

4 Likes

Thursday 17 September & Friday 18 September-

Andrew McCormack is presenting sport on Afternoon News in Melbourne.

8 Likes

Jacqui Felgate full time please no!
Surely it’s not just me that thinks she is way over the top and simply “too much”?!?!? Always jumping in and talking & laughing loudly before waiting to be introduced. Comes across as trying too hard & unnatural. Cleary very ambitious and gunning to get a more high profile role. Don’t even get me started on Footy Central :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I admit that she is a bit over the top sometimes and overly cheery when they throw over to her for sport, but at the end of the day, personally I think she’s a natural fit for the role.

I’m not sure what’s so bad about that - isn’t that what most people at TV networks try to do to work their way up to the top?

Friday 18th September -

Matt Carmichael is presenting sport on the Morning News and Sydney’s 4pm & 6pm bulletins.

Amelia Mulcahy is presenting weather on the Morning News, from the Adelaide studios.

Sally Bowrey also read out the weather on Sydney’s 4pm news and presented Sydney’s weather tonight.

9 Likes

No - Jacqui Felgate as a fulltime presenter - please God no.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday to David Brown today. Probably explains why he didn’t do Sydney’s weather today as he usually would on a Friday.

Goes to show you can’t trust Wikipedia who say that his birthday is the 12th July.

9 Likes

Tim Watson does SEN Breakfast on weekdays. He won’t want to work a 7 day roster.

3 Likes

Technically he already does a 6 day week, sport on Seven News Melbourne from Sunday to Thursday and SEN Breakfast from Monday to Friday, but I agree 7 days would be too much.

1 Like

Saturday 19 September-

Mike Amor is presenting 5pm News.

11 Likes

Saturday 19 September-

Matt Carmichael is presenting sport on 5pm News and 6pm in Sydney again tonight.

7 Likes

Sunday (13.09.2020) - Saturday (19.09.2020): Ben Davis is still presenting sport in Brisbane.

Friday (18.09.2020) - Saturday (19.09.2020): Liz Cantor is on Brisbane’s weather.

9 Likes

Sunday 20 September-

Tim Watson is back presenting sport in Melbourne tonight, after having last week off.

9 Likes

Sunday 20th September -

Katrina Blowers presented the 5pm news from the Brisbane studios today.

Sally Bowrey presented Sydney’s weather.

11 Likes

Amelia Brace is back reporting in Sydney

14 Likes