Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Matt Shirvington is presenting sport on the Morning News in addition to Sunrise sport once again this morning.

It will be a busy day for Matt today:

• Sunrise sport

• Morning News sport

• Sydney 4pm Afternoon News sport

• Sydney 6pm News sport

7 Likes

Friday 11 September & Saturday 12 September-

Estelle Griepink is presenting weather in Melbourne.

7 Likes

Friday (11.09.2020) - Saturday (12.09.2020): Liz Cantor is presenting Brisbane’s weather. Ben Davis is on sport.

9 Likes

I think that it would be wise for Seven to use Amber Laidler and Samantha Brett for weather on the Morning News, as a way of getting them familiar with the audience and practising their weather presenting skills.

You probably don’t need a meteorologist for your 11:30am bulletin when the audience numbers aren’t that high, but I get there’s the factor too that the Morning News is the only chance for non-Sydney viewers to see David Brown. But overall, I reckon they should use the Morning News to start to train and test out the Martin Place reporters who could become future weather presenters.

There’s a strong chance that Laidler or Brett will be appointed Sydney’s Friday & Saturday weather presenter when David Brown retires and Angie Asimus or Sally Bowrey assume the Sunday to Thursday weather position (if Seven decide to choose someone in house and not go looking too far).

2 Likes

Sunday 13 September-

Jacqui Felgate is presenting sport in Melbourne filling in for Tim Watson this week.

6 Likes

Monday 14 September-

Jacqui Felgate presented sport this morning.

2 Likes

Yes, she does this role every Monday morning, but hasn’t the last few weeks as she’s been anchoring the press conferences for Seven News Melbourne, which clashes with the Morning News most of the time.

4 Likes

Monday 14 September-

Jacqui Felgate presented Melbourne sport tonight filling for Tim Watson.

6 Likes

Tuesday 15 September-

Matt Carmichael is presenting sport on Morning News today.

7 Likes

Tuesday 15 September-

Jacqui Felgate is presenting sport again tonight.

4 Likes

I’d say Tim Watson is on leave for the week

7 Likes

Wednesday 16th September -

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport on the Morning News.

8 Likes

Wednesday 15 September-

Jacqui Felgate is presenting sport again tonight.

6 Likes

Is Gemma Acton leaving the network? She posted this photo on her Instagram story of her holding a bunch of flowers. Unless it’s her birthday perhaps? Or could she be pregnant and going on maternity leave? But she doesn’t look heavily pregnant…

3 Likes

Thursday 17 September-

Ben Davis presented sport on morning news

9 Likes

Wow, very surprised to see him popping up on the Morning News. Presume he must be doing sport in Brisbane then tonight.

I wonder where Sean Sowerby or Andrew McCormack are, since one of them must be doing Melbourne’s 4pm sport I assume.

Being from Melbourne, I haven’t seen him on a national bulletin before. His presenting style is pretty good, sounds enthusiastic and lively which is a good thing.

2 Likes

They might be both away.

Maybe someone else will present sport in Melbourne at 4PM such as Jacqui Felgate.

1 Like

As l said once before about the Morning News whoever is available in the newsrooms on the day will front the sports.
Ben came across as a typical sports presenter with enthusiasm, it’s good to see a difference face.

5 Likes

Jacqui is presenting 6pm Melbourne sport this week. Mike might do it. Don’t even rule out Tom Browne presenting from the Gold Coast.

3 Likes

Jacqui Felgate could present sport also at 4pm like in Sydney.

2 Likes