Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Last Friday (the 20th of November), marked 20 years since Peter Mitchell took over as the lead presenter of Seven News Melbourne, a role which he remains in today and is still going strong.

Well done Mitch!

5 Likes

He would easily be Seven Melbournes longest presenter to retain that role yes?

I think so, although I may be wrong.

Wednesday 25th November -

Tom Browne is presenting sport on Melbourne’s Afternoon News.

Last week here in Adelaide noticed Jane Doyle make two reading mistakes;

1. She mispoke the age of a painting of which she corrected herself far later in the bulletin.
  2. She mispoke the age of a person of which she apologzied and corrected during that story.

Please read carefully Jane!

4 Likes

Reading mistakes or scripting mistakes?

3 Likes

This is an odd but inevitable situation for 7 I suppose:

10 Likes

Friday

Angela Cox is presenting in Sydney

9 Likes

Queensland -

Sharyn Ghidella mentioned at the end of last night’s news that she is now on holidays and will be back in the new year.

3 Likes

Sunday 29th November -

Pat Welsh and Paul Burt are presenting sport and weather respectively in Queensland tonight.

Monday 30th November -

Angela Cox is presenting the Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News.

Sean Sowerby presenting sport and Amelia Mulcahy presenting the weather on the Morning News.

Melina Sarris is presenting the weather on Melbourne’s 4pm and 6pm news from Luna Park.

Ben Davis is presenting sport and Laura Dymock is presenting the weather on Brisbane’s 4pm & 6pm news.

Amanda Abate is anchoring solo on the Gold Coast and Paul Burt is presenting the weather.

Susannah Carr is presenting solo tonight in Perth, with Adrian Barich presenting sport and Amelia Broun presenting the weather on location, so therefore Tim McMillan did the 4pm news.

Monday 30th November - Friday 04th December -

Max Futcher is presenting solo in Queensland this week.

5 Likes

(30/11-4/12/2020) Mike Smithson is presenting the Afternoon News in Adelaide again this week.

5 Likes

He only does Mondays and Fridays - Rosanna does Tuesday to Thursday.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, obviously a lot of things have changed since I was last on here.

1 Like

Angela also presented the Sydney 4pm News.

5 Likes

Yep - cost cutting has taken it’s toll in Adelaide! (with Jessica Adamson and Tim Noonan both leaving the network).

3 Likes

Tim McMillan Presenting Perth’s 4pm News

5 Likes

Tuesday 01st December -

Ann Sanders is back presenting the Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News.

Sean Sowerby and Jane Bunn presented sport and weather respectively on the Morning News.

Mike Smithson is presenting Adelaide’s Afternoon News.

Ben Davis and Paul Burt are presenting sport and weather respectively on Brisbane’s 4pm & 6pm news.

6 Likes

Which means Jane is back presenting the Melbourne 4pm and 6pm bulletins after taking yesterday off.

5 Likes

Not sure where you got that info from, Mike Smithson is presenting the Afternoon News again today.

1 Like

Oh ok, just from what I’ve seen in the last few weeks since the bulletin started up again Mike has been doing Mon & Fri and Rosanna doing Tue-Thu, but perhaps Rosanna is on holidays or off sick today.

1 Like

Former Seven News Melbourne reporter Emily Angwin is returning home after a stint in China.

She said on her Instagram that she doesn’t currently have a job lined up - could she return to the Melbourne newsroom?

6 Likes