Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Blake Johnson presenting the Afternoon News in Melbourne today

10 Likes

Mel McLaughlin should not be the nightly sport presenter in Sydney. She is a terrible presenter she doesn’t pre read the scripts so mispronounces people’s names. Now that David Brown isn’t doing weather replace Mel with Servo. There was a high probability she was only there as she is the only female regular presenter on Seven News in Sydney. Or at least replace her with the lead NRL reporter Michelle Bishop she is much much better.

3 Likes

I reckon they should replace Mel with Mark Beretta, and put Matt Shirvington on Sunrise.

Personally, I think Matt Shirvington is more suited to a program like Sunrise where he can show some personality, as we saw when he filled in for Beretts a few weeks ago.

If Angie’s staying in weather, I think Fergo, Beretts and Angie are their best chance at success.

2 Likes

I feel it can work both ways. Matt Shirvington and Mark Beretta have both proven that they’re more than suitable to be on either Sunrise or Seven News.

3 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate presented Melbourne’s Afternoon News today, and Matt Shirvington is presenting sport on Sydney’s 4pm & 6pm bulletins.

1 Like

Rob Scott has moved from Perth to Canberra has Tim Lester replacement

7 Likes

Has Nathan Currie moved on from Sunrise to the 7 News Melbourne team? He’s doing a live cross from the SA/VIC border this evening.

3 Likes

Aren’t the presenters employed by Seven News not Sunrise specifically which is why you see Samantha Brett file reports for the Sydney news fairly frequently?
I don’t rate him as a very good presenter comes across nervous on air however he has got better since he joined Sunrise taking over David Woiwood who joined the US buaru. He was far better and truly deserves he’s appointment.

I think “Sunrise Correspondents” are paid for by Sunrise (as part of their budget) and 7News reporters are available to use for Sunrise if needed.

Friday -
Amber Laidler presented the weather on the Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News.

5 Likes

Saturday 21 November -
Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne tonight.

8 Likes

That’s strange, considering you’d usually just bring in whoever is 3rd in-line (which would be Mike Smithson) if your weekend anchor is away.

I reckon they’ve got Jane there because of the coronavirus developments in Adelaide. As @SydneyCityTV calls it the “Mark Alert” button for Seven News Sydney, looks like Adelaide have hit the “Jane Alert” button!

5 Likes

Makes sense though. Seven Melbourne bring a Mitch in from time to time too.

2 Likes

Rosanna wasn’t away, she presented the local 5pm bulletin.

3 Likes

Sunday -

Blake is presenting again tonight in Melbourne.

8 Likes

Tuesday: Samantha Brett is presenting weather on Sydney’s afternoon news

Sally Bowrey is presenting weather on the 6pm news

4 Likes

Is this the first time she has presented weather on a weeknight?

1 Like

I think so, although she may have done it when David Brown was on long service leave in Aug/Sep 2019.

Sally Bowrey must be unavailable considering she’s the 2nd in-line weather presenter now.

Amber Laidler has also presented Sydney’s weeknight weather on a few occasions (more than Sam at least).

2 Likes

She has presented a few times on Fridays for 6pm Sydney news I don’t think Sam is relatable enough to be a good presenter. I do not know what it is about her but she makes me feel uncomfortable watching her. She is an excellent reporter she should stick to that.

2 Likes

Angie may be back at 6pm since Sam didn’t say something along the lines of “I’ll have more details in the news at 6” as weather presenters tend to do at the end of their segments.

Will just have to wait and see.

EDIT: As @ec42 said Sally Bowrey was on at 6pm.

1 Like